Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: different types of fisherman ive noticed

Re: different types of fisherman ive noticed

Agree with Charlie Jonno, beautiful picture and nice coloured reel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    Agree with Charlie Jonno, beautiful picture and nice coloured reel as well.
    those little reels come in a range of colours, designed to match a range of fishing outfits (see attached photo)

(and yes, those of you with the eye for detail will note the left handed alvey on the ex-barbie rod - another great combo for a young girl who loves pink and fishing).

jono.

wait till she go's to the local tackle shop and spots the pink mono.....nice

I found this water wader recently and couldn't decide what bait to use so just talked about the tackle.
    Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Platitudinus View Post
    I found this water wader recently and couldn't decide what bait to use so just talked about the tackle.
    Plato

Thats wrong...........You need to make that pic bigger..

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Jono_SS View Post
    (and yes, those of you with the eye for detail will note the left handed alvey on the ex-barbie rod - another great combo for a young girl who loves pink and fishing).

jono.
    I never knew they make them with handles on proper side.
    Thanks for that.
    Now I might actually consider buying one.

I will add another type of a fisho.

FF Foreign Fisherman.

His outfit looks "wrong", 11 ft rod that he casts all day one handed, might be (God forgive!!!) telescopic too.
    Winds with left hand (probably never seen anyone cast, change hand than wind with right hand before coming here).
    His rigs are different from the "round ball sinker and 40cm mono leader".
    Maybe he grown up in a very different place with different fish and ways to catch them, maybe it was not as easy to catch anything over there so he needed think and observe a lot.
    Maybe he fished quite a bit in various places on this planet and had to adapt to it.
    As the result of above carries with him a massive load of gear.

Does he catch a lot.
    Nope.
    Only does well when nobody around is catching anything.

He might be having a blast just fishing in this awesome country and is working on a degree in fish feeding.

I have another to add to the list

The "Pube" fisherman

Has a multitude of stories about the huge fish he has caught

Turns up keen as mustard and proud as punch of his outfit that he found on the rocks the last time he went shore fishing.

Spends the whole time in a state of sheer panic while travelling to the island, to the point of screaming "stop stop!" because we caught a little air at 18 knots as the back fell out of a wave

Every bite was a huge Kingfish although they morphed into Rock Cod (butchers pricks) as they came up

Actually hooks a kingfish, and then found the outfit could not put enough drag on the hold the fish

Lent him a rod

Gets through the day without landing a legal fish, but wants photos taken with the fish that were kept when we get back to the ramp

I haven't giggled so much for so long, and he was amusing rather than hard work

Even so, he had a fantastic day and is still boasting to people about actually catching a kingie, but seems to forget that it was only a rat.

Every time I see him he asks me to ring him any time I have a spare seat. Everyone does it differently, but as long as he is enjoying himself.

To be honest I like the above post.
    You take someone out.
    Regardless of the result/skills/actual monster fish landed he is having a blast and spends next few months talking about the great experience.

Time well spend.

Quote Originally Posted by owey87 View Post
    so i been fishing abit off jetys and piers etc lately and have come to notice there is many types of fishermen/women.
    ive noticed a few stereotypes.

the drunk fisherman
    usually hangs in packs of two.
    good for a laugh.
    always willing to hand you a few livies when he caught to many.
    lose a fish around him and you will cop it.

the drunk boaty
    move your stuff and move it quick there can be a 30 metre spot his coming to where you are regardless. (missus couldnt reel fast enough and nearly lost her rod)
    he will be keen to fight and throw cans or bottles around.
    usually seen unloading barely 'legal' catch.

the old fisherman
    got some awesome storys.
    always telling you if your doing something wrong or how to do it.
    has a rather superb amount of hookups.
    happy with a just few whiting for him and the wife.

the jealous fisherman
    as you enter a spot regardless of distance from him , he will stare at you.
    if you at the spot first he will proceed to try push you out of your spot by nudging closer.
    catch something big he will ask 21 questions than cast where you were while your rebaiting.

the young d!ckhead
    music will be pumping loud
    8kg gear with 40lb+ mono big sinkers , wire trace size 1 hook with a small prawn for bait.
    gets angry never catches anything.
    may laugh at your light gear until you start catching stuff.
    techinque is severly flawed a bite usually results in a race to reel in.

the father/husband fisherman
    brings the kids down and missus and is slightly agitated at thes amount of snags they find.
    rerigging gear fairly constant.
    always keen to have a chat ask what your lucks been like, if any spots are producing tiny bream etc the kids can catch.

will add more soon , going fishing now and was just talking to a mate about it lol

feel free to add your own
    Absolute Gold!!

Met a Vampire while fishing on Shorncliffe peir one night a few years ago. We were both fishing for squid, as were plenty of others, happily.

He was quite cheerful - according to him, only came out at night, drank animal blood, and cured himself of cancer one night by jumping into a bath with some interesting chemicals - can't remember the details but he said he lost a heap of weight in a couple of hours.

great read..

i just thought i would add the $1 shop or ebay fisherman

spent $20 on rod, reel, line, hooks and sinkers laughs at your expensive gear that is worth more than he will ever spend in his life on gear catches four fish on it and unwraps another one because it is broken...

i have two mates like this and always laugh when they bust off because the reel has locked on a big fish

ALWAYS end up borrowing your gear by the end of the day!!!

refuse to buy better gear
    have a new one next trip

This thread still makes me chuckle. i think I've had moments in my fishing life that i could be classified into some of these catergories

They normally wear a pair of torn old work shorts and a tattered old work shirt and always have an old hat on...even at night (but a beeny is used in colder periods). If you could still buy terry towelling hats this is what would be on the noggin'.

Terry towelling hats...... at Lowes...... 10 bucks though... bit steep.... I've quite the collection. Even for my 21st (jeez 16 yrs ago) my Mum dyed one brown, because all I wanted for my birthday was a brown terry towelling. Envy of the seas I was.

"The day off work (at short notice) fisherman":

Day off at short notice.
    Fishing rod packed in boot of car.
    Just turns up at some obscure fishing spot (midday), packet of servo prawns or squid, enjoying the peace and quiet and just glad to be out relaxing.
    Never catches much, often looks at watch.