Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awoonga/Mondy reports?

Awoonga/Mondy reports?

Hi,
    the reports have been quite lately for obvious reasons but has any one heard of anything being caught lately? I have a chance to head up there tomorrow or Thursday so would be keen to hear of any reports. Cheers.

Re: Awoonga/Mondy reports?

Quote Originally Posted by Pointyfish View Post
    Hi,
    the reports have been quite lately for obvious reasons but has any one heard of anything being caught lately? I have a chance to head up there tomorrow or Thursday so would be keen to hear of any reports. Cheers.
    From what I hear .... If you catch a fish , you will be breaking new ground - barra are few and far between

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I'd been keen to hear any actual reports too. I am heading there on saturday for the week. will post a report when i get back to help out any other people heading there in the near future.
    Paul.

Hi All,

There are fish getting caught at Awoonga at the moment spoke to Harro and he has been doing very well at present, so with perserverance you will catch a fish.

The Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    I was talking to one of the tournament fishos the other day. He has been in regular contact with a couple guides and the story is very sad. They are really struggling.

Nice to see you still here Nagg .

I've been told the same thing ...... saw it for myself & listened to reports from some very consistent barra anglers - not to mention tackle stores.

when the guides are doing well ...... you hear about it!

ABT Grand final is cancelled....... partly because of the lack of fish & secondly lack of interest as the anglers are not catching barra when they try.

This is the reality atm

So I think that its best to pass on the true lay of the land

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Spoke with a couple of folks who stay at Awoonga Gateway, they'd caught a couple in the mid 90s last week.

Don't need to be a guide or a comp jockey to go catch fish, a line in the water is the first step, can't catch fish without it.

Am also told that the turkey shoot is on in earnest downstream, a bit premature considering the season doesn't open until tomorrow. Anyhow, that's the info I have at hand.

Cheers,

fitz..

Note - previous trivial remarks in this thread have been deleted. Play nice folks or go elsewhere.
    Last edited by Fitzy; 31-01-2011 at 06:59 PM.
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

What happened to the missing posts?
    Lundy

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    Lundy
    Lundy,
    Mate I think you can guess.
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    Lundy
    Did somone just get banned?

On a lighter note. How long do you think those barra that got over the wall will take in the salt to get that good eating quality back?

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

No no one got banned or warned. I think posts should have stayed. Its only what we all think anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic_Magic View Post
    No no one got banned or warned. I think posts should have stayed. Its only what we all think anyway.
    Apparently so

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I've been told the same thing ...... saw it for myself & listened to reports from some very consistent barra anglers - not to mention tackle stores.

when the guides are doing well ...... you hear about it!

ABT Grand final is cancelled....... partly because of the lack of fish & secondly lack of interest as the anglers are not catching barra when they try.

This is the reality atm

So I think that its best to pass on the true lay of the land

Chris
    What is the main reason the ABT was cancelled?Seems a bit odd to me.Even if the fishing is hard.The comp (tournament) anglers should be the best barra anglers in the country.Are they not?Or are there other factors as to why it was cancelled?Has a bream or bass comp ever been cancelled due to tough fishing?Just interested.I have next to no comp experience but am always interesred in how they go.Shame to see comps cancelled because the fishing is a bit tough!

Quote Originally Posted by SQUIDDA View Post
    What is the main reason the ABT was cancelled?Seems a bit odd to me.Even if the fishing is hard.The comp (tournament) anglers should be the best barra anglers in the country.Are they not?Or are there other factors as to why it was cancelled?Has a bream or bass comp ever been cancelled due to tough fishing?Just interested.I have next to no comp experience but am always interesred in how they go.Shame to see comps cancelled because the fishing is a bit tough!

You can go on the australianbarra web site and see the reasons - according to the ABT.

Lack of interest / acceptances from those that qualified is one .

Awoonga is a long way to travel for some tough fishing for the majority of qualifiers

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Not all comps have been cancelled.

The girls are tufn it out for their comp this weekend travelling from far and wide.

It's a nice part of the world, have fun ladies.

Good luck.

we had a no luck in the dam 2 weeks ago. but smashed fish in the boyne below the dam wall. the secrets out now and locals are having 40-50 fish sessions with majority of fish over a metre. just glad we got in before the crowds or worse before it gets cleaned out from being hammered so hard. GAWB should organise some electro fishing for the boyne and get the fish put back in the dam.
    PS the fish are pretty tasty down in the boyne atm too.