Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deepwater Jigheads

Re: Deepwater Jigheads

Thanks Barry,

Might have to order some to try them out next i put an order in. Did you just get the hooks from Do-it or do you get your supplies through somewhere else?

I still have a few gamakatsu's left but will be doing a run of heads soon might might work my way to needing a new order soon..

Richard

Hey Richard,

If you are using Gamakatsu tell us what sizes you are used to ordering and we might be able to take some of the guess work out for you. For instance, a 604 Gamakatsu is a much smaller 7/0 than a Mustad equivalent which is probably a 5/0 32786BLN which may fit and have similar strength.

Barry is an encyclopedia of hook sizes and where best to get them, but if you name what you are currently using this will help.

Scalem

Ausfish Platinum Member - R.I.P. October 2015 dayoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Thanks Barry,

Might have to order some to try them out next i put an order in. Did you just get the hooks from Do-it or do you get your supplies through somewhere else?

I still have a few gamakatsu's left but will be doing a run of heads soon might might work my way to needing a new order soon..

Richard
    When I require Moulds, hooks and powder I order through Barlows Tackle but if I just need hooks I order through Captain Hooks Discount Warehouse. Tell them by email what you intend ordering and get them to quote a shipping price.
    Gamma do not make extra strong forged jighooks. Their largest size is equivalent to a 6/0 Mustad but the eye of the hooks are too small for the larger Do it Moulds.

Cheers
    Barry

thanks for the info Barry.. i know i had trouble last time so thats a great help...

cheers

Richard

Hey Brian.
    I had a good squizz at them the other day when you flicked them over to Frank when we were at Hutchies1
    They look the goods. Hopefully a pointy nosed fish puts them through their paces....
    That would be the ultimate reward i reckon....
    Well done mate
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by eotbmg View Post
    Hey Brian.
    I had a good squizz at them the other day when you flicked them over to Frank when we were at Hutchies1
    They look the goods. Hopefully a pointy nosed fish puts them through their paces....
    That would be the ultimate reward i reckon....
    Well done mate
    Ben
    Hi Ben, thanks for the positive feedback. They MUST be the the goods, I order Gamakatsu hooks and that's what I get, you can be 100% sure of that, unlike what I am hearing around the traps that popular brand names can slip any hook in there and you can't guarantee you get a hook you can trust. The rewards will indeed be when I hear back through Frank that you caught good fish with them, I would be wrapped. So if Frank forgets to tell me, make sure you do Pop in some time, you haven't got these ones yet, either 3 or 4 ounce.

Scalem

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    Hi Ben, thanks for the positive feedback. They MUST be the the goods, I order Gamakatsu hooks and that's what I get, you can be 100% sure of that, unlike what I am hearing around the traps that popular brand names can slip any hook in there and you can't guarantee you get a hook you can trust. The rewards will indeed be when I hear back through Frank that you caught good fish with them, I would be wrapped. So if Frank forgets to tell me, make sure you do Pop in some time, you haven't got these ones yet, either 3 or 4 ounce.

Scalem
    Ok mate thanks for that
    i I may be seeing him tomorrow so i will have a chat to him to see if hes used them yet.