Thread: Daiwa Grandwave Rod

Daiwa Grandwave Rod

Looking at getting a Daiwa Grandwave Rod 15-30 pound and putting a Shimano baitrunner 6000 D on it. Would like to know if anyone has any thoughts on this set up.
    thanks

Re: Daiwa Grandwave Rod

Have several great tough allround rod I have one for sale pm me if you live in brisbane good condition jusr excess to my needs

They can't be too bad. I have one.
    It's just a shame it's never been wet. It just looks pretty in the rodrack.
    It's a GW-EB701MF which is 7' 1-4oz lure weight and line 12-40lbs.

It's also for sale.
    A decent offer and I'll part with it.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Lol dutch auction

Quote Originally Posted by cel87 View Post
    Looking at getting a Daiwa Grandwave Rod 15-30 pound and putting a Shimano baitrunner 6000 D on it. Would like to know if anyone has any thoughts on this set up.
    thanks
    Ive got a 4500 b on mine
    very good combo imho !

Mark

the grandwave is a great rod! i the reel i use is the stradic 6000 .i thinkk the baitrunner might be a little too heavy for that rod.but the rod works great for me from flicking slugs and floating lining with bait.

Quote Originally Posted by flyin marlin View Post
    the grandwave is a great rod! i the reel i use is the stradic 6000 .i thinkk the baitrunner might be a little too heavy for that rod.but the rod works great for me from flicking slugs and floating lining with bait.
    I think you might be thinking of the older 6500B Baitrunners. The Shimano Baitrunner 6000D is actually 25g lighter than the Stradic 6000FI.

I have used the Baitrunner 4000D & 8000D, and I currently own the (new)Shimano Thunnus CI4 4000 & 8000. The Baitrunner D's seemed good and a real improvement on the old series, especially when using braid, but I don't know yet if they'll last as well as the old A & B models - time will tell (I sold mine to people I know, so I could buy the new Thunnus reels). The Thunnus CI4 4000 & 8000 have the same body shape as the Baitrunner D's, but feel of much higher quality and they're much lighter and stronger, due to being constructed of CI4 (carbon fibre) rather than the normal Shimano "XT7" graphite. The Thunnus gears are also harder, so they won't wear as quickly.

If your budget will stretch that far, you might want to buy a Thunnus CI4 6000 - in my opinion, the difference in quality is worth the extra money.

I have caught spotties on the Thunnus 4000 and spanish mackerel on the 8000, and was really impressed with their performance.

Cheers,

Brent.

Got to admit, i have 4 of them, 2 overheads and 2 spinners, the spinners both have baitrunners 4500, great rods and cant see how you can go wrong with them.
    Tangles KFC

I have that rod, with a shimano baitrunner 8000d on it and i love it. it lasted a week at swains as my primary rod so i recon thats a good test. i chop and change between the baitrunner and a 4500 saltist depending on the task. before that it had a tss 4 and it was great for flicking slugs.