Thread: berkley dropshot 2-4kg

berkley dropshot 2-4kg

Would of been asked a million times but here it is, on sale 89$ berkley dropshots gen3, I have been wanting a new 2-4kg stick for awhile for trevs/flatties etc etc. I was tossing up between trion, dropshot, and a wilson lcs. Both feel like decent rods but for the price the dropshot could be the go,

How do these rods go throwing lighter plastics/lures if i choose two? my current setup flicks 1/32 ok but struggles with lighter hardbodies. Its a Avaya 7foot 2-5kg ( tackleworld brand ). Having said that most of my fishing is for trevs throwing 1/8th jigheads is my main weight.

The reel i was planning on throwing a 2500 symetre/stradic/ or a ci4 if i find one at a good price.

Hows the grip on these rods is it good quality? my current rods grip wore out pretty quickly wasnt sure because its a cheap rod or just happens,

Re: berkley dropshot 2-4kg

I have one of the Series 1 2-4kg drop shots and it is almost perfect for what you describe. I have the medium weight rod but there is a LM (light medium) which might be a bit better suited. Mines got alconite guides and a a good reel seat/grip setup and finish which you just can't find on other rods at this price. It's a very versatile rod that can throw a large range of lure weights due to it's fast taper. I've had no issues with the grip at all.

I have it matched to a 2500 Symetre reel and love it, perfectly balanced and has accounted for some big fish in it's time. Wouldnt hesitate in buying the setup again..

i see in another thread that 2500 Symetre's are going for around $110 at the Logan Hyperdome k_mart - have to comfirm though...

I bought one about 5 years ago as they modelled it off the Loomis dsr820s.
    They are fantastic and would buy another one at the drop of a hat.

Thanks for the input, i am going to go check them out and come to a conclusion, if i prefer the trion i might wait a bit see if they come on sale anytime soon.

This is what i ment about the grips also....

Just went and had a look at the rods, the trion feel softer in the tip i think that would be a bit better for plastics. I then went to tackle world they had a raiderII 1-4kg for 90$ this rod feels pretty sweet, specialy with a stradic strapped to it.

Quote Originally Posted by 004dam View Post
    Just went and had a look at the rods, the trion feel softer in the tip i think that would be a bit better for plastics. I then went to tackle world they had a raiderII 1-4kg for 90$ this rod feels pretty sweet, specialy with a stradic strapped to it.
    mate i have a berkley pro tactic (top of the line berkley) 2-4kg matched with either a symetre or saros for sale (2 rods/reels for sale) in the rods and reels classified section. great rods, love them but am moving up north so they are to light. only 6 months old and in excellent condition!

me if your interested, they are great flatty/bream combos that are going cheap.
    Thats another one for the Punisher!

Hopefully the diawa and shimano dont argue to much......

BUT Chamelion informed me of a bargain at bcf at the moment. Diawa luvias rods for 200$ down from 400$. Went and checked them out and fell in love. The rod loads up awesomely and is light as. The stradic 2500 sits well on it . SO hopefully the ci4 when it rocks up feels even better.

Going by bcf prices around 740$ ( thats including 5lb power pro braid ) combo i pieced together for around 415$. ( thank you us eBay and the Australian dollar. )

I can't tell you how much I want one of those Luvias rods. lol