Thread: which shimano spin reel

which shimano spin reel

Hi guys, Just wanted a general opinion on whether i would be better off with a 2500 saros or a 2500 symetre.

Thanks Tyson

Re: which shimano spin reel

kmart have the symetre on sale at the moment for $110, bargain.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Can't say much about the Saros but I've been really happy with my 2500 Symetre. It's accounted for some big fish like 80cm goldens, 90cm mack tuna, etc.. I don't intentionally chase those fish with it but it's handled them when I've happened to hook up on them

$110 is a really good price too..

Richard

+1 for the symetre.

Which kmart has it? chermside doesnt carry the symetre..

+1 for the symetre. i have 3!!
    No love its not new...i've had that reel for ages

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Which kmart has it? chermside doesnt carry the symetre..
    logan hyperdome kmart had them on thursday

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

I have a housemate who has used the symetre for about 2 years now that has been fishing with my friend and I for about that time. He has not a caring bone in his body for the reel not having it serviced or washed it once and somehow during this whole time managed to pull in 45cm plus jacks on it and bream here and there. I can tell you right now and swear on my left nut he is a slow and dowier than Homer Simpson himself about picking up the basic instincts of fishing in general (needing me and my friend to bait and rig up for him still) So if you ask me the reel must of been blessed by 10 priests because I've seen him reef them in and land them.

hey thanks for the replies guys i was gunna go the symetre but found a saros that was actually cheaper than the symetre (usually ~$40 more) and i talked to a few tackle guys who reckoned the symetre was awesome but the saros was just as good.

Thanks for all the replies
    (ps got the saros for $135! unreal!)

Saros is much nicer and has a waterproof drag and spare spool. Mine you the Symetre is a good workhorse.