Thread: New snap-on ball sinkers

New snap-on ball sinkers

Hi all,
    Got some of the new snap-on ball sinkers before Xmas, but even though I thought I’d use them over at Moreton over New Years, I didn’t even wet a line.

Thought they would be great, especially when fishing with the kids – on land or sea! Even handy when you are using running ball(s) and you want to ‘test’ some more weight (or less). At least it saves 2 knots if you are feeling lazy.

Anyone else tried them? Any comments/thoughts? Here is a link to their website if you have not seen them. www.kliksinkers.com

cheers
    Brendon

Re: New snap-on ball sinkers

Mate they look like a great idea and would be something I am likely to use as I hate rerigging for something like sinker size. What are they worth?
    Cheers Marto

I have been given some samples of them and they look great. Very easy to snap on. Easy to open, too -- unless you're the type to bite your fingernails to the quick, in which case you'll need a knife/pliers/wife to push open the catch. I'm going to hold off fishing them until I get back to Townsville though.

I believe they retail for roughly $6 per pack, might be less at some outlets.
    Yeah, some women actually know a thing or two about fishing. Who knew?
    http://alchemyfishing.blogspot.com.au/?m=1

They look good - hopefully they make more sizes soon.

"C Sinkers" could be attached without cutting your line, too (and they were a much simpler design), but for some strange reason, they never really caught on, at least not in SEQ. They stopped making them about 5-8 years ago, I think, but luckily I bought heaps. The C Sinkers have a wide cut in the side and a large diameter hole through the centre. A plastic tube, also with a cut in it, is pushed onto the line, and then the sinker is slid down over it, in such a way that the cuts are not aligned.

I only have a few C Sinkers left, in three of the smallest sizes, so thanks for posting about an alternative. It would be great if they also made them in "glow" colours, or low-vis (lead-grey?) for different applications, rather than just bright blue, though.

Cheers,

Brent.

Quote Originally Posted by marto78 View Post
    ...What are they worth?
    Cheers Marto
    I have now seen them in a couple of stores Marto, though the prices varied a bit as I recall. From memory around 30 - 50% more than normal ball sinkers, $5's if you're lucky.

What a top idea they will come in handy. I dont know how many times ive needed to add more lead as the current got stronger now it can be done without cutting the line.
    Cheers Axl