Thread: Tackle House Japan

Tackle House Japan

Just wondering if anyone has used these lures for GTs. They look good but don't know anything about them. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    http://www.mrtojotackle.com.au/produ...roducts_id=437

Cheers

Re: Tackle House Japan

Mate at $45. a pop they would want to be fantastic.
    Rainbow Trout is NOT skittle flavoured fish.........

Their stickbaits are the shiz

If $45 is too much what should you spend? I was recommended this lure because of the laser cut wire so no wire pulls out of the lure when the pressure is on therefore more success. Is this a better option?

http://www.mrtojotackle.com.au/produ...roducts_id=420

Cheers

Surprisingly, these prices are about the same as those of Plat, which is based in Japan (actually slightly cheaper, in the case of the Tackle House Britt).

Unfortunately, they only stock three brands of lures (and no jigs, yet - I don't fish for GT's). The finishes on some of those Japanese lures are amazing, though.

Bit the bullet and got one of each a Shibuki and a Contact Britt. Got here day after ordering. AMrK87 these thing are the shizz and it was free delivery, stoked. Will keep you posted on performance.

Actually, $45 for a GT lure these days is quite cheap. Most of the hand crafted timber Japanese GT poppers and stickbaits are over $70. In fact, the well known Carpenter GT lures like Gammas and Sea Frogs are normally upwards of $100, and often shops struggle to obtain supplies of them, such is their demand.

Hammerhead and Craftbait lures are getting up there too, often selling for $80-100. That's why I make my own!

Insider, that lure you have photographed on the bottom of your pic looks a bit like a Smith Baby Runboh, and even the moulded plastic Runbohs normally sell for $70-odd these days.

So your $45 is looking quite good, provided you get decent performance out of the lures. I'd be interested to hear how they go.

Cheers
    RB
    searchin' for my lost shaker of salt

Crocs or not, at that price I think I'd be diving in after them if one got snagged!

chuck them on a $1400 carbon fibre rod with a $1300 stella loaded with $200 bucks worth of line and suddenly the $45 for the lure seems bugger all..lol
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

I can report that they work thanks to my brother in law. He lost both of the lures in Fiji (thanks mate) after Wahoo hit the bubble trails coming off the knots as he fought the fish. Said they held up no probs on large GT's. Price wise I have checked and they are exxy but compared to what the japanese sell them for they are the same price or ca little cheaper with minimal freight. Worth a look www.mrtojotackle.com.au

Cheers