Thread: Cape Moreton

Cape Moreton

Solo out the cape today mainly for a sticky beak at the water colour etc, took no bait, managed two lonely yakka`s just south of the cape and took them to smiths and recycled them into 1 snap and a just under ytk then off to hutchies for a troll, got smashed on the rapala in blue but dropped him then got punished on the old red and white rapala , lost the lot !so on with a halco laser in gold and scored the spaniard. whilst trying to get a few turns on the other rod to get it out of the way it gets smashed twice while it was stationary in the water but no hookup. lots of crap about 10 k out from shorncliffe and one big tree right near the cape, Hutchies still has reasonably clean water, way better than the bay.sorry about the dodgy pic as the wife has pinched my fishing camera. Cheers Andrew

Re: Cape Moreton

Nice Spano, mate. How was the water along western side of Moreton? I was wondering if Tanga's/Comby/Cowan had been inundated with murky water.

Cuzza

yeah cuzza , pulled in at curtain and then tanga`s for a swim and it`s pretty dirty , hard to see bottom with 1 meter of water under the boat. no bird activity / surface action anywhere. although I did see bait on the shoreline, hardies, gar and a few whiting so they haven`t all been washed away.

Nice solo effort Andrew!!!!
    Hard work trolling on your own with extra rods out.
    There was a lot of YFT out there yesterday that kept the reels turning.
    Could find any spanish or wahoo though.

Scoota...

The Bay is very murky and brown. The Schoolies and Spotties have vanished so too has the bait.
    There are trees, logs, large lumps of wood, plastic and crap in gerenal.... and that is only the stuff you can see, I don't know what is just under the water.
    I don't know when it is going to clear up, I guess the extra water from Wivenhoe is also adding to it, but if the weather Gods can help out, I reckon by the next big tides, it should be okay.
    Tim

Nice fish Muzz, would put a smile on the dial. Catch u back at the salt mine . Wayno

I'm thinking Moreton's still a good Australia day spot. Think i'll head over via the main shipping channel, you can bet they've made sure there's nothing to big in the channel. I.e containers, ship wrecks etc/

Personally I`d be leaving the glass boats at home for a bit. find a mate with a platey.

Nice spano Muz. Took Donna and the kids for a run over to Peel on monday, hit something on the way back. Could'nt see it on the surface but luckily it was' too large what ever it was, crap everywhere though. Fished soutwest rocks for a 47cm squire. See you at work.

Cheers Wal. ps. Will bring those moulds in, thanks mate.

No worries Wal , did you notice the line of sh$t about 2-3 meters under the surface on the sounder? this .... I think ......is the line that defines the fresh and salt with lots of lumpy bits just under the surface. I only had trouble through the noticeable lines of rubbish seen on the surface, the rest was easy going. the bigger lumps of wood and copper logs will eventually sink but it`s the ones that are half way there that will bring you grief. the one I saw at the cape would not be nice to hit it was a fookin big tree and just under the surface. when it chops up these will be really hard to spot while cruising. I hope they sink quickly or wash up and bring no one any grief.

Hey bud!

Nice fish there mate, good to see ur getting out for a fish instead of always workin! maybe tell that mate of urs to do the same! an top advice on the glass boats, might just have to agree, oh an i know a nice bloke with a platey that might jus throw me a line next time he decides on another solo trip out!!!!

top work muz!!!!

REEL SNAPPER ADDICTION

oh an i know a nice bloke with a platey that might jus throw me a line next time he decides on another solo trip out!!!!

Hey Luke , No worries mate just pm me your number and don`t tell your boss cheers Muz