Thread: Mud Crab's in a Cheese White Sauce.

Mud Crab's in a Cheese White Sauce.

Here's a quick way to dress up Regular boiled Mud Crabs or Sand Crabs.

Firstly prepare White Sauce.

You Need: One cup of plain flower
    Salt and pepper to your taste.
    Butter or margarine, your preff here.
    3 cloves of good firm garlic. (Finely Choped)
    A Small hand full of Choped parsely
    One cup of Milk
    half a cup of regualr cream
    Shreaded Chedder cheese about 500 grams.

Mix well plain flour with your milk and cream. Add salt and pepper. Warm your butter or Marg in your pot. Remember you only want to warm things from here and NOT BOIL.
    When your butter/Marg has melted add your chedder cheese and mix well untill all becomes one single thick liquid. Add your chopped garlic and pepper and salt.
    From here add your flour and milk/cream mix stir really well.
    Wait a few moment's and your sauce should be starting to thicken from here. If Sauce has thickened prematurely, Don't worry just add a little more milk untill things loosen up a little.
    Lastly add your parsely slowly you won't need much. Turn off the heat and keep sauce warm, Stir every know and then just too keep the sauce loose.

Boil Those Crabs as per normal.
    When the crabs are done. Wash them in slighty warm salty water.
    Clean the crabs as per normal. Keep the mustard if any and add that too the sauce, It mighn't look to pretty at first but believe me it really adds flavour to the sauce if you stir it in.
    While cleaning the crabs pay attention to the Shell, thoughly wash it out because that's what becomes your fancey sauce dish when you plate up.

Once you've gotten this far place your clean crabs on your dish with the clean shell and pour as much white sauce as you would like into that shell, Garnish with Garlic bread and Calamari Rings and a nice salad.
    Enjoy your meal. It should look a little like this.
    "If I am going too burn time let it be holding my rod. For when it is time to lay me at rest let it be a Viking burial at it's best. Give back for what I have Taken."

Re: Mud Crab's in a Cheese White Sauce.

my mrs will love you for this.......

Looks like you got a winner there .

Is this recipe the same as crab mornay?