Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wotif.com finances Greens party $1.6m

Wotif.com finances Greens party $1.6m

WOTIF.COM donated 1.6m to the Greens party, the most anti-fishing political party in Australia.

A Facebook 'Boycott Wotif.com' page has been started by concerned individuals:

"This is perfectly legitimate and in the same way that a company can decide to donate money in this fashion, as consumers we have the right to boycott companies that support causes we find objectionable. Let wotif.com know you are not happy by joining the FaceBook group, boycotting their services .... and tell your friends!"

Go to http://#######.com/26b2rfw and email WOTIF.COM to express your concern if you feel that way.

Mark

Re: Wotif.com finances Greens party $1.6m

can email them directly on

info@wotif.com

Dang, I know the MD, Robbie Cook. Also loosely know on of the non exec board members who is also the CEO of Tatts (Unitab QLD).

Oh well, that will be the last time I ever use wotif.

Mark

First of all i am not a Greens supporter by any means,lets get that straight.

I think your thread wreaks of hypocrisy to the full extent.So what is your beef ?.

1) The size of the donation ?
    2) The donation itself ?.

No doubt your party also receives donations maybe just not on such a grand scale but alas the principle remains the same does it not.

So does this mean your against all political donations or just those not handed to your party.

Shall we do the facebook boycott of organizations that donate to your party.

An MP having a gripe about political donations,i have heard it all now.Saltwater chat more like the Bilge.

Steeler

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Steeler.

The Greens and their supporters need to be exposed to the general public for all that they are.

The public have a right to know who supports which political parties and to hold them accountable as consumers and voters if they wish.

As a political leader I am simply adding my voice to those who feel the Greens are the enemies of fishing rights. And those who fund the Green's fishing closures should be made accountable. They still have the freedom to donate if they wish, and others have the freedom to not use their services and products.

Regards,
    Mark

Ahh, isn't it also the greens that are jumping up and down about political donations? Wreaks of hypocrisy to me, something the greens are good at.

Bingo Andy, Mark.

There is no scrutiny of the Greens Policies or behaviour. They are under the radar.

Kudos to Mark for exposing their supporters. Once people get their heads around what the Greens actually stand for, they will start to fear them.

Ye Gods, how many Greens are former Communists? Leopards don't change their spots, you know. Oh yeah, I'll vote for a Communist. WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER!!!

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

I am sure Clive can match it dollar for dollar

I'll be happy to support a business that supports a political party that fights for my rights...

and vice versa!

Companies like that don't normally make donations of that size unless they intend to call in a few favours further down the track, despite all the spin.

When the lunatic element holds the balance of power in the Senate from next July, it'll be interesting to see if the company will benefit.

TOL

[quote=TimiBoy;
    Ye Gods, how many Greens are former Communists? Leopards don't change their spots, you know. Oh yeah, I'll vote for a Communist. WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER!!!

Tim[/quote]

I learn so much on Ausfish these days. I actually thought Joseph McCarthy died years ago.
    THE POOR MAN ALWAYS PAYS TWICE

Greens, hell bent on taking us back to the stone age while they life in 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post
    Companies like that don't normally make donations of that size unless they intend to call in a few favours further down the track, despite all the spin.

When the lunatic element holds the balance of power in the Senate from next July, it'll be interesting to see if the company will benefit.

TOL
    Could not have said it better myself just ask Michael Palmer.All those donations and free helicopters provided by daddy to the LNP really paid off.

Mark,

Thanks for the input. I'll certainly not be using their services ever again.

Also forget what Steeler has to say on any political topic. If you were an ALP polly he would have put a Thanks next to your name and every fisho on here knows it. I think he puts all things ALP well before anything fishing related.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.