Thread: Alona Kayaks

Alona Kayaks

Hi All!
    My wife and I just had a holiday to Vietnam where we did some kayaking which we really enjoyed and we are now thinking of purchasing a double fishing kayak. I have seen quite a few of those Alona kayaks on eBay etc and I am wondering if anyone has a opinion about them? I think that they are made in China, but what isn't these days!
    Any input would be appreciated as I am totally in the dark on what to look out for.
    Cheers!
    Lunatic
    "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore." -- André Gide

Re: Alona Kayaks

My advice is to stick with the better known brands.
    PS tandem kayaks normally become yard ornaments as they are normally pigs to paddle alone unless you carry a 50kg bag of sand as ballast

As FishHunter said, tandem yaks are awful to paddle solo and not even really comfy with two people. Much better off with two single yaks if you can afford it, that way you can each explore singly in the same area. Biggest bonus is they handle a whole lot better.
    Jack.

I will disagree..if you and your wife want to go yakking then by all means get a twin..great fun.

I have not owned the brand you ask about therefore cannot comment.