Thread: Shimano Reel spare parts (Curado E7)

Shimano Reel spare parts (Curado E7)

Gday everyone,

Has anyone ordered spare parts for Shimano reels online anywhere ?

I'm after a few bits and pieces for my Curado 200E7 due to the corrosion caused by the graphite drag system they ship with getting wet (seems to turn acidic and corrode the Al key washer).

I've already got some bearings on order (they have just got a bit rough due to wear and tear) from Boca in the States but am having trouble finding some parts for the newer model.

Just looking through Mike's Reel Repair site and they seem to have some of the parts but not all. Have sent them a quick email to find out if they can get them in. Something which looks pretyt interesting (and I have ordered) is the ceramic pawl, supposed to be a bit smoother than the original. Would be interested in one of these for my ABU's as they seem to chew out fairly regularly.

Anyway, trying to avoid the increased cost of Shimano supplied parts, especially for the antireverse clutch bearing, so any pointers would be appreciated,

cheers

Richard

Re: Shimano Reel spare parts (Curado E7)

why not order them through your local tackle store but if you want to order from OS then try mikesreelrepair you will have to login and you will need to know the reel part code

Have asked at the local tackle store and got quoted at about $22 a bearing. I am ordering in 6 bearings direct from Boca (where Jack Erskine gets his I think) for $55 delivered.

Parts are much the same compared to what you can order them in for. I guess the tackle stores just go to the Shimano supplier so thats why they cost more. Trying to order from the States which is generally cheaper and also cut out some middle men so save myself some dollars.. will just wait to see what mikesreelrepairs come back with for the parts they dont have on their list. Prety confident they'll be able to get them though..

Richard

Just a bit of an update on this. I emailed Shimano about the anti-reverse bearing failing and the corrosion of the key washer that sits on top of the material drag washer.

They called me back today and said that they would post me a new anti-reverse bearing and key washer free of charge. they said they had some problems with the early Curado E series washers with some coating not being thick enough to prevent corrosion. The new ones they got in from Japan are apparently much better and are slightly thinner so I'll need to also put in a thin washer to accomodate for the difference in thickness.

The bearing was just replaced under their 10 year warranty, it's about the only bearing that is covered under it.

so anyway, some good news and good service from Shimano.

Richard