Thread: gneerings

gneerings

hi all happy new year.
    took my oldest boy of 5 and my brother out for a bottom bash on sunday and it sure broke the cabin fever that was going on at home after all the shty weather.
    didnt go out to far cause the young fella is still getting used to the waves, so it was of to the gneerings. put a few drifts in around my usual haunts and came up with a good feed. waza caught the fish of the day, a solid 49cm pearly, wich i think is pretty good around the gnearings. we were catching heaps of trev's a few of them fell to the fait of the bait table kept 1 and released the rest. caught 5 moari cod but all under size so back they went too . it was a great long awaited day out on the water.

cheers jp

Re: gneerings

Good feed there JP...how did the young fella go???...did he wet a line???
    Do you eat the Iodine Bream or keep them for bait later???
    Cheers for the pics and report

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

Nice feed mate. Well done. I took my young bloke out yesterday to chase Spanish only to find out he suffers from the curse. Spewed his heart up poor kid. Made for a very short trip!

hey mrs benno- the young fella zen he loves fishing a bit of a chip off the old block this 1, he gets a bit scared of the bumping around at first, telling me to slow down, even though im only doing 12 kn lol. i think weve got him sused , he now sits on the back floor when motoring, may have to get him a small bean bag for the traveling. its good for both of us, he dosent bounce around so much and i can get there a bit quicker .

as for weting a line, well he caught 4 fish all under sizer except for the 1 bream, i still have to wind it in for him but he will get there. it gets a bit hard when the fish r on the chew as he wants his line in aswell, lost a few this way but the grins on his face make it all worth it.
    the bream yep i do kep some for bait if they have a bit of a smell as ive learned from some of the other members off here. these two i kept to eat and to be quite honest they taste beautiful done on the bbq with lots of salt and butter, maybe not for some .

lump- thanks mate, that sweety was sweet on the hot plate . thats a shame about the young 1. its a funny thing sea sickness never know who its going to effect, i dont even know if there is a remedy suitable for a young child, may pay to have a chin wag with the phamacist. good luck with it cause its very rewarding seeing your kids catching there first fish and the next.

cheers jp

Nice work mate! Awesome session at the gneerings. Nice only going a few miles out to take the son out. I agree that if looked after those iodine bream are just like other sweet lip! I love them. I think they get there name because they dont handle sitting on the back deck in the sun as well as trout from back in the day.