Thread: Kastor 2500 $ 86 mo

Kastor 2500 $ 86 mo

Your thoughts please
    Hi i am buying a Kastor 2500 and i will be using Power pro yellow read some good threads about this stuff,will 10lb be an overkill for flicking plastics in estuary's, as i want to buy a 300 yrd spool to spool another reel seems to be the best option.
    Cheers Rob

Re: Kastor 2500 $ 86 mo

Just one reply will do fellas lol

Not familiar with the reel or the braid but I use 10 lbs Sunline for Estuary fishing. I can fish light lures ( SX 40's )1/16th jig heads and heavier lures. 10 lbs is a good all round line class. Probably to heavy if you are just chasing Bream on light lures but for Flathead, Tailor etc 10 lbs will do

Beuty thanks Leighton for your input
    Cheers Rob

m8 I use 10lb braid in the estuary and find its pretty good all round line class. Particularly if your going to be in the areas where you might find a jew or bigger lizzard. I have no trouble fishing small H.B and S.P all the way up to 100m S.P with a 1/2oz jighead. The same outfit doubles as a light S.P outfit on the inshore reefs

Gday stonecold and thanks for the input .

you could always purchase another spool and have lighter braid on the spare. cheers BK

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Thanks BK
    i got that one covered but thanks anyway .
    Cheers Rob.