Thread: high speed lure question

high speed lure question

is it approved for game fishing to use a single treble hook under a high speed skirt lure?

Re: high speed lure question

anybody?????????????

Mate I am pretty certain that trebled and double hooks are against IGFA regs in a skirted lure.

Only allowed on "plugs".

I will check and get back to you

hey myles, that high speed lure photo I sent you, we did some of those bullet heads up with a single big treble at the end of the skirt

thought if not legal for gamefishing, I would use them for food fish......

just need to know if I can or can not use them for sanctioned events

definitley not legal mate, from the book

"2. Gang (double or treble) hooks are permitted when attached to plugs and other artificial lures that are specifically designed for this use. Gang hooks must be free-swinging and shall be limited to a maximum of three hooks (either single, double or treble, or a combination of any three). Bait may not be used with gang hooks"

"A gang hook in the intent of this rule is a hook with two or more prongs (ie:multi-pointed hook, not to be confused with ganged hooks as per diagram in Rule G1"

ah, bugger, can't i just say that because i made the lure that it was specifically designed for for use with a treble..........

I thought that would be the case, but just checking

anyway, I reckon it will prove be a good mackeral, hoo and dollie high speed lure for putting fish on the table.

I guess you could say you designed and built it purely to run a treble haha but I think you will get frowned at, at the weigh station.

Double hooks are used a bit for catching baits, mac tuna, bonito, scad etc by some crews.

I would prefer a double over a treble though, unless you can get some really crackin strong trebles from somewhere. I have some big @ss double hooks in the shed if you want them.

I am going to make a gaff out off the biggest one

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    Double hooks are used a bit for catching baits, mac tuna, bonito, scad etc by some crews.

I would prefer a double over a treble though, unless you can get some really crackin strong trebles from somewhere. I have some big @ss double hooks in the shed if you want them.
    I've go 4 x strong 6/0 trebles, but if i bend them I'll change to doubles

I reckon these lures have limited enough drag resistance and will run on 15 kg gear though, even up to 15 knots - test and try and see what happens - I can't see them bending but will be pretty impressed with the outcome if they do..........