Thread: My fish fillets- Off or not?

My fish fillets- Off or not?

Pretty annoyed with myself right now...Got some reef fillets yesterday and through a bit of mis-communitcation , they were left in the car overnight with no ice

So here's the specs. 7pm ice cool fillets (not frozen) pulled out of freezer, left in car overnight around 23 degrees, fillets felt quite cool and no smell, 7am in fridge and awaiting its fate from fellow Ausfishers!

Let me know what you think

Thanks,
    Guido

Re: My fish fillets- Off or not?

I would have them for lunch at the latest. If they still smell good and keep them refrigerated until then. If you then have a second meals volume then try again tonight.

Either way I would not feed my elderley parents with them as it may need a stronger constitution if they have started to turn.

Also look out for ill effects after the first sitting.

You could test a sample on the cat. If the cat turns it's nose up then use them for crab bait next time

Cheers
    Chris

I would risk it, maybe best to overcook a tad rather than undercook.

Scott

Im a bit fussy when it comes to storage of fillets. Im afraid once they have reached room temperature for me it 'use it or lose it'. I wouldnt risk it. But its your call.....they may be ok. but then looking at the time of this post...you would have already made that decision. Let us know the outcome.

They probably would be ok but I'm not going to risk it. I don't fancy spending the last week of my holidays spewing from both ends!

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    Guido

The worst food poisoning is seafood i am very fussy aswell i would first start kicking myself then using them as crab bait

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Pretty annoyed with myself right now...Got some reef fillets yesterday and through a bit of mis-communitcation , they were left in the car overnight with no ice

So here's the specs. 7pm ice cool fillets (not frozen) pulled out of freezer, left in car overnight around 23 degrees, fillets felt quite cool and no smell, 7am in fridge and awaiting its fate from fellow Ausfishers!

Let me know what you think

Thanks,
    Guido

It's bait now. Saw a program about food poisoining and the culprit was pasta!! Be afraid, be very afraid!!!! Explosive diaorrhea can't be good!! Unless you have the ensuite!!

Cheers....Terry....