Thread: Hi from Gove Northern Territory

Hi from Gove Northern Territory

Hey guys

I've been working in Gove for 2 months now on a 26 day on and 9 day off roster. I fly back to Wollongong on my time off. I work 6 days a week and on Sundays i look forward to fishing the local areas where I am located. The fishing is awesome!

My set up was Shimano T-curve 8-12kg King Mac Spin with a Shimano Stradic 6000 reel spooled with 30 pound braid. I was using a 60 pound mono leader with it.
    I left my rod outside my donga on Christmas night and unfortunately the next night it went missing. I am still upset.

So I'm now looking for a new outfit and wouldn't mind some opinions to what I want.

I usually fish Wirawawoi Beach which is 5 minutes away from our camp.

Here are some of the fish I've caught since I've been here.

GT on Christmas day. This thing hit like a freight train, you can see bight marks from a Bronze that was chasing it.

Queenie

Little Spaniard

I love the challenge of trying to bring a fish in before they get sharked. Good adrenalin rush!

Re: Hi from Gove Northern Territory

Hi Jonny
    welcome you get to work and fish in a great place hot and humid but it must be great fishing up there

shane

Great to have you onboard JD...top shelf fish by the way...looking forward to more posts from you and the area you fish in mate

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

Thanks. I just replaced my missing outfit with a slightly heavier kit. Shimano T-curve 10-15kg spin and a Stradic 8000 reel.

Was so tempted to get a stella 8000 or 10000. =))

Can't wait for the post man so I can catch some more Northern Territorian monsters again!

Welcome Jonny, what do u do in Gove?

Hi, I'm a scaffolder at the refinery.

The fishing up there is pretty good plenty of big Macks and Gt's to play with.