Thread: Botany Bay

Talking Botany Bay

Hi to all, and a Great New Year.

I'm new to this site and live to the south of Sydney. I have a 20ft half cabin which I take out when ever I get the chance which has not been much lately due to our recent addition to the family. This is such a great site that's helped me heaps in the past hence I've decided to join it.
    I only get out there a few times a year but would like to increase this ratio. I generally go out to Botany Bay and out the heads when the weather permits but I don't know enough to find good fishing spots etc. I recently got a pair of Penn down riggers and would like to use them but I'm not sure of any good sites out of the heads to use them.
    I would also like to try some jigging and bottom bouncing in deep water. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Any way I'll keep familiarising my self with the site. Thanks for your help.
    Cheers
    Rod

Re: Botany Bay

Welcome Rod. You will get plenty of worthwhile information from the site with a little bit of crap (which is needed) thrown in from time to time.

There are some very knowledgable members who are only too happy to share their info and advice.

I am from Bris and the weather is just sh#t as I am sure you have heard but not as bad as for the country and central Qld people. Gotta feel for them right now.

Any how enjoy the site, ask plenty and you will continue to learn more from people who really know, as I have.

Cheers and welcome aboard once again.

Pete

Welcome aboard Rod,
    We hope you enjoy your stay at Ausfish. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, with the cross section of fishing fin-atics we have here you;ll always get the right answer.

dont let me down guys!!!

cheers

hi rod my first 14 years of my life when we came to oz was spent at kyeema near brighton lee sands we use to fish south of the heads catching nannie guy i think there called red fish with big eyes and snapper things most likely have changed since then 25 years ago lol

Thanks, I'm going out tomorrow so I might have a look south of the heads and I'll also try The Peak which another member suggested and I have the GPS points for it.
    Cheers
    Rod