Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Murray Cod Fix !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Murray Cod Fix !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't know you had Cod up that way Wamo. Thought it was all Barra in the dams for that type of fishing. Can honestly say that I've never tried fishing the murray although I intend to. Actually I want to do the whole length and can start planning it now that there is water there again. The problem is somehow getting the trailer and car to where you want it at the end of the trip down in SA somewhere.

My mate fished the murramidgie (however its spelt) way upstream in the wild country. They floated down the river in a wet suit and a tyre tube. He said they got fish that had never seen a lure before. His mate got onto one that was so big and so close he thought he was gunna get eaten so he cut it off and high tailed it out of there.

Good story there Scott I'll look forward to reading the next instalment.

Thanks Jarrah Jack, we are lucky around Inverell, having a few cod hatchery's, its easy to buy fingerlings. Some of the local fishing clubs get involved in stocking the rivers, plus the natural breeding, makes for good fishing. Big fish are pretty rare in the rivers but we also have Copeton dam that holds 100lb plus cod.
    I'm looking forward to fishing the Murray River and some of the other big rivers later this year as well !, I don't have high hopes tho, usually the bigger the water area the harder it is to find fish.

Scott

keep him honest lucas!!!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimbamb View Post
    keep him honest lucas!!!
    Jim

We need a p!ss off button, next to the thanks button......

Hey Scott,
    There are no Cicadas on tha severn mate

Cheers, steve

Cmon Scott - have a go!?!?!?!..................LMAO........

Great session..many grogs sunk I dare say, great to see you finally got that little itch scratched.

Cind

Good onya Scotty, wecome home mate.

Cheers Rossco

Come n Scott think outside the box...bit like those bloody wristband thingos ....bit of savlon in a tube...rename it ...'codswollop' or something...its a win win situation as far as Im concerned. When the missus starts on about "going fishing again" we can legitimately say......I've sought professional advice luv and Ive started a course of dermal treatment. Meanwhile Its like nicotine patches and i need to wean myself off over a period of time ...might be onto something...we could market a freshwater and saltwter version...and then branch out into other markets like surfing.....motor sports....ahh the markets endless

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Come n Scott think outside the box...bit like those bloody wristband thingos ....bit of savlon in a tube...rename it ...'codswollop' or something...its a win win situation as far as Im concerned. When the missus starts on about "going fishing again" we can legitimately say......I've sought professional advice luv and Ive started a course of dermal treatment. Meanwhile Its like nicotine patches and i need to wean myself off over a period of time ...might be onto something...we could market a freshwater and saltwter version...and then branch out into other markets like surfing.....motor sports....ahh the markets endless
    I'm liking it !!!. As long as I don't really loose the itch..

Dont think we ever loose the itch mate....its incurable....Rabbis got the cold sweats as we speak............I've started shouting out "COD" when we're standing on the wall just to amuse myself when he fidgets

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Dont think we ever loose the itch mate....its incurable....Rabbis got the cold sweats as we speak............I've started shouting out "COD" when we're standing on the wall just to amuse myself when he fidgets
    That reminds me rabbi's cicada's...

Hey scott,
    You dont see those types of trees around the severn!!

Cheers, steve.

Hey Scott
    I wouldnt mind betting that there is an old river crossing just upstream and the Property name starts with B?

I think with the emphasis on restocking over there (which is extremely successful) we see an over abundance of little fish that never seem to grow but still provides good fun and some nice size table fish (if so inclined to keep them).

When we used to fish the Macintyre (1980 onwards) on some select properties we obligated ourselves to regularly take along a bag of 50 to 100 cod fingerlings (sometimes yellas) which we purchased (when available) from Mephams hatchery ( relatives).

This used to amuse the property owners somewhat seeing us bring our own fish but gained a lot of favour in the long run and helped boost stocks..

Wouldnt mind getting out now n having a crack at them!

The jewfish are not exactly giving me a cold sweat over here at the mo and some big bloke keeps yelling out "cod"!!

Cheers, Uncle Steve.

Could be, but wrong first letter. My mates dad who you may know, passed away a while back.
    Your dead right about the small fish, allthough I did get a 93cm four or five years ago.

Scott

Hi Scott,
    Was that Mr B. that passed away mate?
    Sorry M8 I dont mean to grill you but if it is who I am thinking of there are some strong connections and memories.
    And I thought I recognised a log in your pics

Its been some 12 odd years since I left Inverell.
    cheers, steve