Thread: When will the water be nice and blue offshore from Cape Moreton and the Goldie

When will the water be nice and blue offshore from Cape Moreton and the Goldie

I'm keen to get stuck into some wahoo, spaniards, dollies, tuna etc trolling but this green water everywhere seems to put the fish off. Last weekend timddo and i trolled from the 24's to the 50's and back and didn't get a touch, we changed lure colours, different trolling speeds but nothing worked, the water was green all the way out past the 50's that day. I also know someone who trolled hutchies yesterday and they said the water was very green and they couldnt raise a scale, they ended up heading east from hutchies to a depth of 250 metres where there was finally some nice blue water, they ended up with a nice dollie and a marlin.

Do the pelagics prefere the nice blue water ??
    Cant they see the lures in the green water ??

Does anyone have any idea how long it might take till the water off hutchies and the goldie is nice and blue again.

cheers tim

Re: When will the water be nice and blue offshore from Cape Moreton and the Goldie

NFI
    The moral of the story is that you need to head east young man and find the blue water. From a report i heard from last week its in about 125m of water......Give or take a few!
    Ben

Re: When will the water be nice and blue offshore from Cape Moreton and the Goldie

eotbmg - The green water must have travelled further out during the week as i was told you have to get out to the 250 metre mark to find blue water, the info came yesterday from a cruisecraft owner that lives on Bribie, pretty sure you fish with the said person.

cheers tim

The warmer water allows more bacterial growth in the water which turns it dirty. Same thing if you leave the light on too much in a fish tank, you will forever treating/changing the water. Northerlies and push the warm dirty water in close.

Hey Tim - Had a quick troll off goldie this morning(only had a couple of hours, so only got out to 24's), water was horrible green(As you'd expect with the northerlies)...didnt turn a reel.
    To get the nice blue water in close we need some SE's, as it pushes in the East Australian Current closer to the coast(Looking like we should start to get them Mon/Tues)

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by frankgrimes View Post
    Hey Tim - Had a quick troll off goldie this morning(only had a couple of hours, so only got out to 24's), water was horrible green(As you'd expect with the northerlies)...didnt turn a reel.
    To get the nice blue water in close we need some SE's, as it pushes in the East Australian Current closer to the coast(Looking like we should start to get them Mon/Tues)

Mick

Yeah Mick a mate of mine trolled the 36's at the goldie today and said the water was green, he didn't turn a reel either.

Bring on the SE winds

cheers tim

We were at the 50's east of the pin on sunday, and the water had just started to clear a bit on top of tide.

No action was to be had.

Need the se breeze to push it in closer.

Timbo
    HEAD DOWN BUM UP!

Hey Tim - Waters blue in close...mac's about(Id be expecting a few reports today)...Im stuck in Vic till Monday week!

Mick

Tim,
    myself and captain seaweed aka marty were out off cape moreton on friday right in close the water is abit green but out past the 60 mtr mark and all around hutchies is nice and blue could see the bottom at hutchies on the pincale. managed 1 big dolly on the troll and half a dozen hits on trolled liveies but couldnt connect. plenty of action and nice and clean everywere we went. cheers Tim