Thread: Something different

Something different

G'day

Quick one for anyone interested. Gives a sweet taste at first, with a kick at the end

Ingredients:

Sweetened condensed milk
    Fish Fillets
    Chilli powder
    sugar

Basically, i used snapper fillets cut into slightly larger than bite size pieces. Mix in a bowl some of the condensed milk (bout a tablespoon per piece) with around a quarter of a teaspoon of chilli powder (more or less depending upon the kick you like). The sugar is there to further sweeten the mixture, if you so desire. Basically when mixed just paste it onto the fish (i used a teaspoon and put a blob, then spread it with the teaspoon). I do one side, put that side down in a fry pan to cook. While that side cooks i then paste the other side in preperation. Let the fish cook till its nicely done. Take off the heat and serve

Gives a nice sweet taste at first, with the chilli kick as an after-taste. May need to fiddle with mixtures to find what suits you.

Enjoy
    Mitch

Re: Something different

Sounds good, yep i can see myself liking that recipe, if I ever get to actually go fishing I will defiantly give it a try.

The benefit to doing numerous smaller sized pieces is if you do first bite sized piece, give it a taste and you can then add more of any of the ingredients to suit your tastes

Cheers

very cool idea.. never heard of it before and will deffinately give it a try
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!