Thread: Rainy Day Hoo

Rainy Day Hoo

I went for a run on a wet and miserable Boxing Day with my Brother Glenn (Cervelo). We went in search of a Dollie or two but had no luck and the conditions started to deteriorate out wide, chasing us back into the reefs closer to Point Lookout. We decided to give a couple of high speed skirts a bit of a swim and after about 45mins one of the lines went off and a nice little Hoo came easily to the boat .
    I have found that when they hit a metal head skirt at about 14knts or so it seems to knock the fight out of the smaller fish pretty fast. We then tried hardbodies and even livies for no hits so we ran for home.
    On the way back to Manly we noticed a bit of bird activity so we chased a couple of schools of flighty fish but managed to pull five reasonable Spotties on small slugs so in the end we scrounged a good feed on what was a very wet Boxing Day . I don't think it stopped raining all day and we were pretty exposed in the old centre console. At least we did not have to go through the pain of watching the Aussies bat in the cricket
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Re: Rainy Day Hoo

nice work Neil.

It was just as wet inside our place - but it was from tears rather than rain.

cheers.

Jono.

nice work mate, the rain might stop one day.luke

Nice feed there Horse...cheers for the pics and report

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

You have to be rewarded for that effort, well done.

Doesn't that ease the pain.

am i seeing things are there two of the same posts????????????

Quote Originally Posted by captain rednut View Post
    am i seeing things are there two of the same posts????????????
    Yea Jim

I was Putting one up for the Hoo in Offshore and one for the Macs in the Bay but I stuck both pics in each at the end
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

well done mate

trying to get the new boat going for the season down here, mid Feb the motor goes on then look out Mac's

cheers Murf

Good effort there guys, good to see someone having a go and getting out even if the weather has been against us.

Eric

Nice work mate, I was sittin around curtain all day enjoying the rain an managed to get a nice snap an 2 cod but seen no activity at all between moreton an redcliffe??? Hope the weather gods allow you another days fishing these holidays!

REEL SNAPPER ADDICTION