Thread: What Baitcaster???

What Baitcaster???

Hey people just chasing some opinions on which baitcaster people prefer more. The Shimano Curado 200E5 (already own) or the Daiwa Zillion Crazy Cranker? Looking at another baitcaster to be used at the impoundments and local river/creeks mainly for barra. 20 or 30lb Braid

Thanks
    Rockfish

Re: What Baitcaster???

bit of diff in price netween the crazy and the E5!! i own a crazy cranker and must say its a pleasure to use! if moneys not an issue id go the crazy but if so then go the E5 as there also a bloody good reel for the dollars!
    JAYVEE
    No love its not new...i've had that reel for ages

Thanks jayvee

The money aspect isn't really an issue, i'd rather spend the money once and get a great reel rather then be disappointed. I have put a carbontex upgrade in the E5 i already have and would do this to the next reel irregardless of which one it turns out to be.

Interested in hearing about the ability or differences in long point casting of the typical sized barra lollies used at the dams.

Hi Rock fish, Have you considered the Abu Revo inshore? Excellent reels and have a lot more drag than the other options. I have a couple of inshores just for barra (impoundment and salt) and both are extremely sturdy, tough and very strong reels. The drag is excpetional. Good on the back pocket to.

My brother has a Revo STX and loves it. He also has two Curado E7 reels and loves them too!! You should consider the E7 over the E5 if you are comparing to the crazy cranker.

Thanks devocean & Daintreeboy have looked at the revo's but would rather stick with the shimano or daiwa because of the low gear ratio.

Daintreeboy i thought the E7 was 7:1 the E5 is 5:1 and the crazy cranker is 4.9:1

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish View Post
    Thanks devocean & Daintreeboy have looked at the revo's but would rather stick with the shimano or daiwa because of the low gear ratio.

Daintreeboy i thought the E7 was 7:1 the E5 is 5:1 and the crazy cranker is 4.9:1

Yes that's right sorry. Got them around the wrong way. You can't go wrong with the Curado.

have you thought about the calais, got one and love it, very, very smooth
    Barra, Boars, Bundy & bare arsed
    cottersfnq@yahoo.com.au

If you can afford the calais I would go with that

I run a calcutta 250 te dc I must say awesome!! Sure not low profile but fits in my hands nice!! Have a look! Sounds sick on the cast!

Heavy reel the Calcutta 250-

Quote Originally Posted by Escape with LG View Post
    I run a calcutta 250 te dc I must say awesome!! Sure not low profile but fits in my hands nice!! Have a look! Sounds sick on the cast!

I've had a 250 dc for a couple of years aswell......very happy ...super smooth and solid.

also have a curado E7 it's a great little reel,maybe you could look at the Metainium MG DC but's not avaliable in the ratio you are looking for unfortunatly.

I don't find the 250 DC too heavy to use all day, where it loses in weight it more than makes up for in casting ability and quality.

Dan.

Decided on getting a Daiwa crazy cranker today...ordered one out of the states for the same price as a curado here

Thanks everyone for there suggestions