Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Inside word on BCF for boxing day sale

Re: Inside word on BCF for boxing day sale

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Which still puts it way dearer than overseas. I bought a 500yd and 1500yd roll of power pro from the states, delivered to my door for about $100 all up. The mark up of some fishing gear here is stupid, but I guess that is another debate.

Steve
    Well, of course...

I use to work at bcf alittle while ago....
    Bcfs mark ups r huge.... The cost price for most of bcfs rods and reels is very low... But they still hav some of the highest prices in oz....

Got my $99 spinfisher ( 950) I'm all smiles if it half as good as the 850 i've had for the last decade I've done well.
    Gotta say i like the sprigwood shop alot more than the Browns Plain store.

Smiles BigE

G'day Big e

Mate, something isn't ringing true here.

I went to the Capalaba store on 27 December and got a 7' 12-20 kg (950) rod for $29.00.

They were discounted down to $49 and because I flashed my membership card at the counter it went down to $29.

Wouldn't all their stores statewide have the same deals?

I thought for $29, who cares? Can't find anything on it to say where it was mass produced though. Maybe Nth Korea, Mongolia?

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post
    G'day Big e

Mate, something isn't ringing true here.

I went to the Capalaba store on 27 December and got a 7' 12-20 kg (950) rod for $29.00.

They were discounted down to $49 and because I flashed my membership card at the counter it went down to $29.

Wouldn't all their stores statewide have the same deals?

I thought for $29, who cares? Can't find anything on it to say where it was mass produced though. Maybe Nth Korea, Mongolia?

TOL
    he is talking about the 950 spinfisher reel on sale for 99 bucks

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.