Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inside word on BCF for boxing day sale

Re: Inside word on BCF for boxing day sale

i got the obligatory gift cards and popped in for a look today......and left not too soon after realising there's not much on offer sales wise. My missus commented on that they don't need to have a boxing day sale cos most people are in there with gift cards that they're going to spend anyway! why reduce the prices? she doesn't often have a moment like that, so I took her to look at some shoes (looking only mind you...)
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Quote Originally Posted by bennykenny View Post
    what a load of c%@p, went down there, and they have a few things on special like the spinfisher and the strudie rods which are a good buy but that is about it, they have more on special at any normal time.

That is if you could find them, either they were all gone or are hidden at our local store, Had to say very disappointed in the lack of stuff that was on so called sale, as someone had already said they usually have more on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by marty666 View Post
    That is if you could find them, either they were all gone or are hidden at our local store, Had to say very disappointed in the lack of stuff that was on so called sale, as someone had already said they usually have more on sale.
    yeah usually they have endless supplies of struddie rods but when they are 50% off they pack most of them away and keep 2 or 3 on the floor when they sell they say they are sold out and then when the sale is over they bring them back out

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

I managed to pickup a Struddie sicstik 6 to 10 kg baitcaster for just under $50 which I thought was a good buy ,but there was only a handful out for sale and I was there not long after they opened

they only really have catologue sales they dont do a 40% storewide kinda thing that other stores like myer do so stop your wining just because its boxing day doesn't mean its a god given right that everything will be on sale

sorry mate i dont recall saying anything about a 40% off storewide sale, being a member we get sent emails about all their sales and they sent one out for their boxing day sale, which in turn happens to not really be a sale at all. so thanks and all for your comments.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

ok BK point taken but my comments where not directly pointed at yourself, im just voicing an opinion gathered on the various complaints i have heard ok both from here and in the public. sorry if you personally took offense at my comments but everyone is entitled to an opinion after all this is a forum.

I have $80 worth of vouchers from presents. What shall I buy?

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Me a beer ya cranky bugger !.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    Me a beer ya cranky bugger !.
    Any time! Beer fridge is stocked with Coronas. Bring lime.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyarados View Post
    yeah i must admit when i got down there, there wasnt too many sales on. none that really interested me anyway. and might i add, their floor staff know nothing, i asked a junior a question about a reel and he looked dumbfounded at me and said "umm im not too sure ill grab someone who knows", and as i took a walk through the aisles past some other customers being served by the floor staff i heard 2 more ummmms.
    I've heard that it was the same at the big snake here.. That's what happens when knowledgeable senior staff are replaced by juniors.

I just grabbed a couple of small bits and peaces I need at the big snake, they have 30% off fishing gear for a few days.

I checked out B#F at Keperra, the Penn Spinfishers at $99 are a good buy if you're looking for something like that, they're often close to $200 and I paid $119 for a 750 size 2 weeks ago. Here's a tip if you want one, there's a 750 in the glass cabnet at Keperra with one of the better big arse handles from a 950 size instead of the normal smaller handle. I'd snap it up but as I said I've just baught one.

When you shop at the industries version of Coles or Woolies what do you expect,you know what you need you take it to a checkout and pay.Will that be cash or credit please.

If you want service shop where the people who run the store own the store.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

I went to BCF yesterday with a $100 gift card and $100 cash to buy a new rod. Couldn't find anything that really suited what I wanted. Went to Tackleworld Sandgate on the way home and got a ripper of a rod, on sale as well. Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    I just grabbed a couple of small bits and peaces I need at the big snake, they have 30% off fishing gear for a few days.

I checked out B#F at Keperra, the Penn Spinfishers at $99 are a good buy if you're looking for something like that, they're often close to $200 and I paid $119 for a 750 size 2 weeks ago. Here's a tip if you want one, there's a 750 in the glass cabnet at Keperra with one of the better big arse handles from a 950 size instead of the normal smaller handle. I'd snap it up but as I said I've just baught one.
    I might have to wander down to one the at EP and have a look...but that would mean shopping..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..but ya never know..LOL