Thread: Reel to suit Tcurve Bluewater spin 10-15kg

Reel to suit Tcurve Bluewater spin 10-15kg

Hey all,
    Was after some opinions on matching a reel to the Tcurve Bluewater spin 10-15kg.
    I have not recieved the rod yet (santa) so matching a reel without putting it on the rod will be hard but i thought a few of you out there will have the rod and will be able to give me some advice on matching reels.
    Have been thinking about a Saltist or Saltiga 4500 size.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers
    Knuckle

Re: Reel to suit Tcurve Bluewater spin 10-15kg

knuckle,
    i reckon both of those would be great.
    i have a shimano spheros 12000 (50lb braid) on my t curve 200 spin and it is great, although a little bit big i feel. i think the 4500 size would be just right.

those t curve jig rods are awesome. i have a 200, 400 and a 500 and can't fault them.

steve

yep that size diawa would be good. A mate has one and used to run a spheros 8000 on it, little too big I thought, but would be good with either the saltist, catalina or saltiga 4500 or a saragosa, stella 6000 on it. My mate now runs a catalina 4500 on his and its a great match with 30lb braid

Steve/scott
    Thanks for the replies much appreciated, now i think i need to justify the extra money for the Saltiga or run with the Saltist.
    Do you think the extra $ for the Saltiga over the Saltist is worth it?
    Cheers
    Knuckle

don't know to be honest, never used either reel. I like the catalina though, and priced about midway between the saltist and saltiga.

have a saltist 6500h on my 10-15kg t-curve is a great reel but i recon the 4500 would prob do on it...but i wouldn't swap the 6500 for the 4500.i find it a well ballanced outfit the way i have it
    cheers rosco

Knuckle,

Just to throw something different into the mix I run a Twinpower 6000 and could not be happier. It has an excellent drag and has kept up with pretty much everything I have thrown at it.

Food for thought anyway!!

Cheers,

Cam

Thanks guys appreciate it.
    so it seems like i have the size right, either saltist/saltiga 4500 or 6000 twin.
    Will have to wait now BECAUSE,
    santa forgot my new rod for christmas and left it in brisbane!!!!!!!!!!!! Not happy jan! look on the bright side by the time i do finally get it in a cpl of months i might be able to afford the saltiga.
    Cheers Fellas and merry chrissy to all.
    Knuckle

The Twinpower 6000 or 10000 FC are worth a look on top of the above mentioned reels. No need to go for the SW series as you may as well get a stella.

The FC series are fully waterproof which the saltist is not.

Be aware though that the new SW TP and Stella reels go from 5000 size body straight up to 8000, no genuine 6000 size. That's why I got a TP 10000 FC for my rig. It's a 6000 size body but with a slightly larger spool for line capacity as I went 50 lb braid.

The other reel to consider is the Daiwa Seagate. Nice little reel these and much better than the Saltist in my opnion.

BTW I have a brand new 6000 FC twinpower for sale if you go down that route.

Hi there i got the 200 jig OH with a calcutta 400 but lookin at replacin with somethin else and also use a tcurve bluewater spin 24kg with a stella 20000. GREAT gear all of it cant be faulted!!!

in the 4500 size the diawa catalina is a great reel as well, as alan hawk said, why would you get the saltiga with these now.
    Tangles KFC

Hey guys thanks for the info it was greatly appreciated.
    I ended up getting a brand new 6500 saltist for $220. was looking at the stellas and saltigas but for that price i could not knock it back.
    All i need now is the rod!!!!
    Thanks again
    Knuckle