Thread: bass arnt biting for me??

bass arnt biting for me??

well i went to two different ponds in 2 days and all we got were spangled perch biggest was 15cm really annoying. The first day was overcast and raining we were using surface lures including the berkley scumdog, river2sea bubble pop and the hawk and vibes including the switchblade, the river2sea vibe and spinnerbaits and the same on the second day which was blue sky we may have got 1 or 2 hits from bass or big perch it was hard to tell i dont know what we were doing wrong?

Re: bass arnt biting for me??

Just my personal opinion, but I tend to think of diving lures such as crank baits when there is rain falling, especially hard rain, as the water surface is already very busy.
    I have also found the surface lures come into their own more as the sun sets and the hungry fish move up out of the shade and closer to the surface.( I really like the black bubble pop 45 with or without the feather)
    I tried out some lovely new gear on sunday arvo in the pouring rain , and was well rewarded before the water started to move too fast.
    I was using a suji brown shrimp chubby deep suspending , and a maria crank deep 38 wsg.
    ps not a grumpy photo just concentrating on holding camera straight in heavy rain.
    Good luck
    Brendan