Thread: Somerset Dam closed to boating.

Somerset Dam closed to boating.

The dam was closed this morning due to flooding. She's well up with plenty of water up to and over the picnic tables and barbies at the Spit. Spoke to one of the rangers and he reckoned that it would be closed for a couple of days minimum as they wait for the run off from within the catchment. The photos tell the story.

Cheers,

Mark

Re: Somerset Dam closed to boating.

It was reported on Ch10 yesterday that Maroon and Wyvenhoe were also closed to the public.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    It was reported on Ch10 yesterday that Maroon and Wyvenhoe were also closed to the public.
    Whitto I missed that.

Did they happen to say how long Maroon would be closed for?

Cheers

Lee

G'Day Lee.......A time line wasn't given that I'm aware of.........Floating rubbish logs and so on was the problem.

Lee,

Maroon is only closed to skiers and swimmers. Fishing is still OK.

There is a thread on Sweetwater that covers the dam closures...

Regs

Pete

Yep....Quite right Pete.....Thnx.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Lee,

Maroon is only closed to skiers and swimmers. Fishing is still OK.

There is a thread on Sweetwater that covers the dam closures...

Regs

Pete
    How good is that. No skiers, no wakeboats and hopefully no jet skis. A peaceful time for fishing if I can get out there.

Cheers

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by 435_Mark View Post
    The dam was closed this morning due to flooding. She's well up with plenty of water up to and over the picnic tables and barbies at the Spit. Spoke to one of the rangers and he reckoned that it would be closed for a couple of days minimum as they wait for the run off from within the catchment. The photos tell the story.

Cheers,

Mark
    G'day,

Are the photos from Hays Inlet as the 2nd one with the BBQ plate looks familiar or they been taken from different locations of Wivehoe Dam?

Cheers

Bondy,
    The photos are from the "Spit" at Somerset Dam. The tables towards the end of the spit were completely underwater.

cheers,

Mark

Unhappy Re: Somerset Dam closed to boating.

Mark thanks for the heads up will be in touch farrie

No worries Farrie,
    I wandered down to the North Pine River today to give the new reel a run. Sweeeet!

Didn't have to worry about rinsing the salt off the gear or the tinny as there wasn't any!

Give me a yell if you are looing to go fishing. I'm thinking of giving the Brissy River a run.

Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by 435_Mark View Post
    Bondy,
    The photos are from the "Spit" at Somerset Dam. The tables towards the end of the spit were completely underwater.

cheers,

Mark

Sorry Mark,

Thanks for the correction, one of the photos looks similar to a spot at Hayes which is also covered in water. Brisbane Valley fishing Club or Sailing club brought rights to that area from SEQWater a few years ago. I'm cheesed off with that as not only does one pay for a SIP licence to fish but one also is forced to join the Brisbane Valley Club for a fee to get a gate key and also attend a meeting once a month ...a bit much in my opinion.