Thread: Abu Ambassadeur 6000 (1998 - old red one) - copper clicker

Abu Ambassadeur 6000 (1998 - old red one) - copper clicker

Hey all - my old Abu 6000 is still in great nick, but somehow I squished the copper clicker out of shape. I'm going to retire it soon ( will replace with Luna, Pluton or Calcutta TE), but I'd like to get the clicker working again so I can use the Abu to teach my kids how to use a baitcaster.

I've played with the shape and got it sort of working, but it needs to be more accurate. Would anyone happen to have/know where I can get an accurate sketch/pic/photo of the shape of the copper clicker/ratchet spring from side on? (Part #21807 - see link http://www.reeldr.com/SCHEMATICS/ABU...00(05-01).pdf). There's plenty of assembly diagrams around (including the one in the box I still have) but the isometric view of it isn't accurate enough.

Cheers

BT

Re: Abu Ambassadeur 6000 (1998 - old red one) - copper clicker

hi bt if its the anti reverse pawl you mean then it only has to fit snug on both sides of sprocket on the main gear assembly.just flatten both sides of the copper with something about 2-3 mm thick in between the two copper flaps.will be a little fiddley.or else you can chase one down on fleabay, any 5-6500 pawl should fit.or get your local store to order one in for you hope this helps......peter

Re: Abu Ambassadeur 6000 (1998 - old red one) - copper clicker

Thanks Peter. Its actually just the clicker - the thing that makes a sound when a fish is taking line. It's in the non-handle side - opposite side from main gearing. Its no biggie if I can't fix it - the reel works fine, I just had not having something working how its intended to work. They're only a few dollars online, but thought I'd save the hassle of possible.

Cheers BT