Thread: Banks before the storms

Banks before the storms

With a small window to get out for a fish this morning we thought a fish on the close reefs and chase a few spotties but after a couple of drifts the call was made for a quick trip to the banks instead. A little latter start than normal getting out to our first drop about 6.45 and we boated a couple of nice pearlies straight away. We couldn't find any snapper just small squire but was a bit late. We gathered a nice mixed bag of fish and with storm heads starting to build the call was made for the last drift and to head back at 12 noon. Good to be back on the water with great company.
    Cheers Gaven

Re: Banks before the storms

Good haul there gav well done....Cheers Brendan

Good work Gaven. Can't wait to be back home (with the boat). Having good company really makes the day.

Cheers,
    Wags

Top stuff guys, good to see someone is getting out for a fish and even better a good feed.

cheers Lee

Great work Gaven,

We had nearly the exact same results at wide caloundra. We were out Wednesday night around 5pm and watched the storms brewing over moreton.
    We always fish this time of year at wide as we normally get a few nice pearlies. We probably ended up with the same bag as you, a few pearlies, traggies and parrot the following morning. Unfortunely not a keeper snapper though, just heaps of undersize ones. At least I don't have to put up a report now as mine would be exactly the same as yours! Got a few fillets for the Xmas table anyway.
    At best of all, as I left work early, my car didn't get hail damage at work like the rest of my colleagues, although the hand was on the throttle and ignition switch a few times watching those storms roll in. Glad they went around!!!

Good feed there boys..well done!!!
    Did you guys just use plastics or baits as well???
    Thanks for the pics and report

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

Yeah guys was good to get out even for a half day.
    Mrs Benno1, we mainly used baits. I fished pastics early but was hoping for some snapper but didn't get any this trip.
    Cheers gaven

Nice work. A great haul of fish there mate.

Great feed their Gavan,
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Good haul there boy's, shame you didn't get any snapper

It might be because all the recreational anglers keep to many, luckily labour and the greens have a good plan set for next year

cheers tim

nice haul there mate well done. i saw a few boys coming back from the banks around the 1230 1300 mark and all i could think was ytou crazy buggers lol. woulda been a bit lumpy on the way back ay.

cheers jp

Nice mixed bag there mate, thanks for the report and pics! Pearlies are always great on the chew!!

Anthony

Yeah Jason,
    Was a bit lumpy but not to bad and missed most of the hail on the way home from kawana.

Hey Anthony,
    pearlies are always welcome but some of those reds would be better. Keep those reports coming its what keeps most of us going.

I here what your saying Tim