Thread: Pinheads, TOL and Whamjams day out

Pinheads, TOL and Whamjams day out

Headed out with this lot with Smithy to chase some spotties, plenty of mac tunas around at first so we had a play with them, then Smithy went out to different grounds looking for spotties, we looked for them for a while and finally found them, then had a lot of fun mixing it up, trolling pillies, livies, throwing slugs.. they where there but they didnt really play the game, some hookups, bustoffs but we didnt put many in the box....thats fishing.

was a great day out, lots of laughs, TOL almost met his match with a mac tuna, had him going for a while.. great to met Whamjam... a special thanks to Pinhead and to Smithy who runs a great charter, and i swear he must have 40/40 vision with the way he see fish coming up to a bait, though they didnt relly play the game i learned a lot.

cheers
    Mike
    Tangles KFC

Re: Pinheads, TOL and Whamjams day out

I went out around same area, had trouble finding the spotties. did you end up boating any spotties or just mactuna? troll, live, slug what do you rekon got the most attention from them, I got hooked up to plenty of mactuna, 3x 5kg 3 x 2kg on small slugs but decided to search the coastline for the spotties and had no luck.

Any pix? I'd like to see some photos of the lads in action. Who had the best and smoothest rod action ya reckon. Also who swore the most and smoked the most? Is Whammy the fish magnet they say he is? Do you think TOL is still a girl magnet?

Sorry about the easy questions.

the kids at play:

once again, thanks to Smithy....the fish did not want to play today but Smithy kept trying..thoroughly recommended!!!

i have some video of TOL being TOL, ill edit it and whack it up tommorrow..

only boated one spottie,( lost a couple) along with the macs, the pros with a trolled pillie on a downrigger did alright, we got the one on a slug.
    Tangles KFC

oh..and good to meet Scott (wamjam) also..he may have been put off a bit by Aigutso and TOL..seems like I am the only one that can behave himself.

Thanks to Greg for setting it up again and the fellas for a good day.

Sunday couldn't go wrong. Had our 15 by 8:20.

Went wide to play with the ajs after collecting livies but did no good so chased piggies and got a few for the time were were there. Also pearlies and a squire.

Bloody hell Smithy, you put that post up at 3.52am!! And I thought I had issues with not sleeping!

Yeah it was a good day alright. Went up with Aigutso and by the Bribie turnoff we'd had all the important issues of the country sorted with appropriate courses of action. Unfortunately, capital punishment was abolished years ago.

Mike kept glancing in the rear vision mirror and when I turned round, there was a b-double following us. No worries said Mike, just bringing up a bit of extra gear in case I need it.

Left Mooloolaba and headed north to find plenty of mack tuna around so we had a bit of fun with them for a while. Smithy made the call for some 40gram slugs, so Mike got out his gear bag which took two big blokes to lift and opened up a veritable Aladdin's Cave of gear. I swear I've never seen such a treasure trove!

Then out came one of his high end Wilson rods to which was coupled a high end Daiwa reel on which was spooled some 100lb high end braid. (Mike was going light this trip).

Then we headed south to Caloundra in search of spotties, so Wamjam jigged up some livies, but unfortunately the spotties weren't playing the game, but who cares, the weather was great, the skipper was great and the four of us were great.

Pinhead must be mellowing as he gets older, because he even agreed to bring the boat back after Wamjam had a go for a while to give Smithy a bit of a rest. And he is getting older, as I think I heard him say he's now in his 50's which puts him in his 6th decade.

Wamjam seemed a bit subdued at first because he probably didn't know what to make of Pinhead or Aigutso, but he came good after a while.

Got back to Mooloolaba around high noon where Mike played this master stroke. Apparently Bec, his wife, likes red emperor, so he got a nice fillet of red emperor and some green prawns for her dinner last night, thus ensuring another trip in the future. And probably another trip to Fish Head for some more gear.

TOL

A great day had by all !!!!......Pinhead had a chat to one of his contacts and had the weather sorted.

Natualy I was A bit nervous going to sea with a boat load of people with names like "Pinhead , Aigutso and The Old Lendgend" , didn't take long to work out they are just your everyday sh@t stirrers , good fun too be around.

We had a good run with the mac tuna until Smithy realised how deadly TOL is with a slug (chromey) so he move us too find the spoties and give the mac tuna a chance.

Thanks to Aigutso for suppling any piece of tackle needed or invented , made the show run nice and smooth.

Thanks Greg !! for organising and giving ausfish members an opprtunity too have a day outside fishing with an excellent charter.

My young fella , wife and I enjoyed the fresh crumbed seasoned spotie for tea , young bloke said good chicken dad !!.

Scott

Bloody hell !!! did i read that right (Wamjam a bit subdued ) I'd like to see that you blokes must have frightened the crap out of him

Cheers Baz

Sounds like the spottie went down all right Scott.

Baz, I reckon Wamjam would go well after a few drinkies. Who knows, he might even end up at my place one day for a DDD. High noon start, finish whenever. Last man standing.

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post
    Sounds like the spottie went down all right Scott.

Baz, I reckon Wamjam would go well after a few drinkies. Who knows, he might even end up at my place one day for a DDD. High noon start, finish whenever. Last man standing.

TOL
    Gday TOL, Mate i reckon he would definatley be up for that (He

doesn't mind a bit of the amber liquid )

Cheers Baz

Bazz !, I think you are painting a false picture of me.

TOL , I'm at Bribie Island , so a DDD could be in the breeze.

Scott