Thread: hey everyone, from hastings VIC

hey everyone, from hastings VIC

hey everyone, just joined up and am excited to learn some of your tips and tricks.

Will be living in hastings VIC in a few days and am excited to get back to the bay fishing.. been fishing in the mighty murray and it gets boring haha

posted a thread for anyone that wants to help me on tips and stuff about hasting VIC fishing.. http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...58#post1232558

Re: hey everyone, from hastings VIC

gday mate,welcome
    how could ya get bored catching green speclky fellas?????
    Hope to get down there soon
    JIM

it gets boring trying to catch them in this part of the murray, 60cm is a big ask for a keeper..

G'day, and welcome aboard.

I used to live down your way, Warneet then over to Rosebud. Now living just north of Port Douglas FNQ. Don't miss those cold misty mornings at all. Fished the Murray a lot, as well. Camped every Easter on th' river. Now busy chasing proper fish, so you better send me up some of those tiddlers, can use the bait.
    Seriously, you'll enjoy being a member. Lots of great people with heaps of grouse info to share.
    Cheers,
    Moz

hey moz, thanks for the welcome.

i used to live up in port douglas haha used to go fishing on batt reef alot.. batt reef is a really good fishing spot, used to do alot of spear fishing there too.

Been doing my fishin', here, mainly round home (Cooya Beach) and out of the Daintree. But just bought meself a new toy and at 7.9 metres am leaving her at Yorkey's. So, in future, me fishin's goin' to be Cairns based, for a while then maybe outta Port Douglas. Have to check out the storage and launch/retrieve there before I think of bringing me new girl closer to home.
    What possessed you to leave God's own earth an move to bloody Siberia? Full of Victorians. Can't talk, I suppose, I married one.

Cheers,
    Moz

Hey Ben Hastings, just down the road. Lots of snapper around at the moment have a read of this and some other threads of mine to get an idea.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=169068 Not easy to fish WP with the big tides but, as with any place, the more you put in the more you will get back.

thanks jarrah, if you have any tips hints or tricks for PPH and WP could you please PM me, i would much appreciate it.
    thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by aussieben View Post
    thanks jarrah, if you have any tips hints or tricks for PPH and WP could you please PM me, i would much appreciate it.
    thankyou
    Have a read of this weakly report http://www.ifish.com.au/store/pages/...ng-Report.html

It will keep you reasonably up to date. Do you have a boat?

nah, used to have a boat but sold it couple years ago, one of my good mates has one though.

any tips for fishing off the shores or jetty's in hastings?

would love to catch some nice whiting or flathead if possible

Quote Originally Posted by aussieben View Post
    nah, used to have a boat but sold it couple years ago, one of my good mates has one though.

any tips for fishing off the shores or jetty's in hastings?

would love to catch some nice whiting or flathead if possible

G'day mate,

Jarrah Jack told me about one of his favourite whiting spots down there that would surprise most people.

Trouble is, he didn't tell me which direction you go in. Guess it'll just have to remain a secret.........

TOL

Don't worry about that old bugger TOL He loves stirring up us mexicans.............I don't know too much about the jettys but if I was shore based and after a nice feed then all the beaches from Flinders to Somers and beyond are prime targets. You would really need to have a good look at the melways then spend a day doing some exploration of the area.

Balnarring beach in front of the yacht club and the same with Merricks would be a good start. Gummies which are great eating come in a night but you would be lucky to catch them on a whiting rig, same goes for snapper.

High tide at dusk with a bit of burley works well with whiting for me in shallow water.

Ooh those tips are very helpful thankyou jack, do you have any tips for flathead around this area cos i have only caught a few before but would like to be catching alot more of them and targeting them off the shore line..