Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Queensland Snapper Ban and RIS released.

Re: Queensland Snapper Ban and RIS released.

There's a few of us here who have worked pretty hard and close with some LNP folks to get them thoroughly understanding our plight. I've never really had major dealings with Pollies before, and I generally trust them about as much as I could comfortably spit out a rat.

BUT I believe that we are getting a good hearing from the LNP this time around. I trust them not, that's why I (and others) are constantly reminding them that we are a force, and we will make unpleasant enemies. They have the Greens as enemies, maybe they need us as friends? They are saying the right things - not always exactly what we want to hear, but think about it - they are saying they want good science. They are saying they want to listen to Anglers. They are saying they want to genuinely protect the Fishery, not pander to the Green vote. Do we give them a chance, or do we just throw them to the wind too?

It's not going to help us to just decide everyone's up the shitter. We have to get on board with someone, once they are convinced we are a force to reckon with, Politically.

Samson, I sympathise. I don't think every Pro is a scumbag, nor every Charter Operator. But the guys who've managed to weasel their way onto RRFF and into Marine Qld are just that. Friggin' Weasels. I'd sit down and dine with Anna Bligh any day before those melon heads. "We all have to work together." My shiny ar$e! Jerks. You know who you are.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Tim..all well and good to sit and chat with the LNP all day but they are not the Govt..to behonest..they are not a decent Opposition.
    Will they make a set i nconcret declaration that they will remove all green zones and all closures until TRUE science is acquired and studied. Until then, they have nothing to offer us.

Honda..so what do you propose ??

Quote Originally Posted by castlemaine View Post
    Pinhead? BS, I need to see the photo to be convinced!
    look and ye shall find.

I had a phone call from a politician today asking what ECOfishers stance was on a couple of recreational fishing issues.

I won't elaborate , other to say I endorsed what most of you said here and of course what we have said all along.

What this does tell me, as pointed out elsewhere, is that we ( recreational anglers ) do have a voice and we are being heard. Never before has a politician from either persuasion asked us in advance for our thoughts.

Cheers.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Tim,

you don't weasel your way into MQ, you pay your membership and now sign a code of practice and you are in if you have your green charter boat licence if you are talking about the Charter Vessel Division. Simple as that.

Do you have an effective peak body representing your views at the moment? We certainly do in the MQCVD!

Tim I recon your hearts in the right place but you know, and Mark Robinson knows the newly elected conservative gov in WA used the "same science" we're talking about here to bring in snapper closures and species specific licence fees over there, and after they told anglers before the election that they wouldn't. He's a politician in opposition and doing what John Paul L tells him to do, and JPL is waiting to see see how this sits with the majority of voters and I know they are polling it ATM.

As anglers we need to be loud & proud, call in to 612ABC & 4bc when they're talking about the issue, write to the Courier Mail, listen to what Sunfish, Eco ect have to say and get behind the group that represents your position best.

I'm a lil worried about you blokes using the" loud and proud" sentiment..isn't there another gorup that uses that ???

One thing with the tac that doesnt sit well with me.

The charter for example or pro reach there limit, now rec angling is being forced to avoid perlies and trag on the premis that we will not be able to release a snapa alive.

every snapa thus after the tac has been reached by charters must be presumed dead which will make a farce of tac unless all charter fishing and pro fishing ceases once the tac is made.

it must be said the numbers are total bullshit anyway, inflated to the point its an uncatchably high figure

I started thread on this back in May, I would be more then happy to pay $20 a year towards a program call it a RRFRP (rocky reef fin restocking programme.)

It is done for freashwater species why can't it be done for saltwater species?

Here is an Idea ANNA turn the wasted multi billion dollar desalination plants in fish restocking plants.

Problem solved !

following is some of my comments from back in May.

Cheers,
    Brian

Re: saltwater fish stocking program ?
    I think saltwater fish stocking programs are a big part of the puzzle in the way forward to an ongoing sustainable fishery for future generations to enjoy fishing as we know it today and if a program was started 30 years ago then we would be seeing the benifits today, who knows maybe fishing today would be 10 times more productive then it it is today and there would be no need for green zones and other fish closeure areas, it seems a no brainer to me.

Is the program at bribie the only one in existance in QLD ?

what do others think ?

Any Lawyers on here? I think we need to take this to the high court or what ever and challenge this on constitutional grounds. Surely there has to be something in the constitution that says that we have a RIGHT to fish our own waters and unless there is an acceptable reason not to. We need to challenge that acceptable reason! I don't have the cash but maybe there is a QC about that fishes?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

The desalination plants were to be built at the following locations at Marcoola, on the Sunshine Coast, Lytton, at the Port of Brisbane, Bribie Island and at Tugun on the Gold coast. I don't know how many were completed but each one cost about 2 billion. They are all sitting idle and will be for at least the next 20 years.

A desal plant pumps saltwater from the ocean, so why doesn't Anna Build a shed or use the existing sheds and build some holding tanks on on each one, create a few jobs and generate billions of dollars by creating a RRF restocking programme.
    Locations are perfect for releasing fingerlings back into the wild also.

benefits:
    1. CREATE JOBS IN THE PLANTS
    2. KEEP REC, CHARTER AND PRO FISHERS HAPPY AND GENERATING INCOME FOR QLD
    3. CREATE A SUSTAINABLE FISHERY FOR FUTURE
    4. GENERATE BILLIONS FOR THE SEAFOOD INDUSTY IN QLD THROUGH SALES AROUND AUSTRALIA AND EVEN AN EXPORT MARKET
    5. GENERATES MORE JOBS AND INCOME THROUGH TACKLE STORE SALES, FUEL, BAKERIES, BOAT YARDS ETC
    6. NO NEED FOR GREEN ZONES ALSO KEEPS THE GREENS HAPPY
    7. BAG LIMITS OF SOME SOUGHT WOULD STILL NEED TO BE IN PLACE
    8. MARRIAGES SAVED (wives can have a break from us while we fish)
    I KNOW IT IS NOT AN ISTANT FIX, but in 10 years we could be bagging out on coral trout and reds in the brizzy river ! win, win, win for all Queenlanders.

Does anyone have some ideas or knowledge on this topic that they can share ?

For those on here that have contact with the libs and labour feel free to pass this on if you think it is a good idea.

Cheers,

Brian

Poll now being run on C-Mail asking should anglers be made to pay to catch snapper. Results at the moment- yes 51 votes = 23.15%
    - no 182 votes = 76.15%
    They have the colors for indicating the vote all wrong. Yes should be green.

Cheers....Terry.....

And our own Chief looking decidedly tidy appears in this article. The word of an angler that has fished an area for 40 years ought to count for something you would think?!?!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/a...-1225971768290

Cheers.....Terry.....

Yes is now 72 = 19.67%
    No is now 294 = 80.33%

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Tim..all well and good to sit and chat with the LNP all day but they are not the Govt..to behonest..they are not a decent Opposition.
    Will they make a set i nconcret declaration that they will remove all green zones and all closures until TRUE science is acquired and studied. Until then, they have nothing to offer us.

Honda..so what do you propose ??
    I couldn't agree more, except for this:

Their policy at the last Election was that they would allow Recs back into Green Zones with one line one hook, while they spent a couple of million on research. I do not believe that policy has changed.

If they get in, then do what the soft(o(k WA Government did, well then we'll know, won't we? I don't believe the Rec Angling Community had done anywhere near the work we have done, and they weren't recognised to be as significant as we are. At this point I'm happy to put my money where we have a glimmer of hope, as opposed to where we have none at all.

And as long as a certain person is where he is in the position he is in at Marine Qld, I do not believe that Marine Qld is representing the Recreational Anglers' interests, because I trust that person (who said we must all be in this together, but is now pushing for a Rec only lockout, just like I bloody well said he would!!!!) not one bit.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.