Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Queensland Snapper Ban and RIS released.

Re: Queensland Snapper Ban and RIS released.

You know how Charter Blokes say "Come on Recs, we have to stick together on this!"

Well. They are pushing for either option 1 or 2, which has a closure on US, but not them.

They are pushing for us to have a data collection exercise pushed on us, and FOR US TO PAY FOR THE PRIVILEGE!!!!

And if we push option 4, I have it on good authority that Fisheries will say "Look, Recs want a four month closure, but Pros and Charter don't. Let's just give Recs a 4 month closure, and leave Charter and Pro to their TAC."

NO WAY! Pros and Charter are leaving us out in the cold. KH and MG and their sorry little band are starting something they can't finish. It is time Recs stood up again.

Phill, please post the questionnaire in a separate thread, because the way it is worded is set for us to grease our own ar$e$. We need a public discussion about it.

We need option 5. No closures, no nothing, UNTIL THERE IS PROPER SCRUTINY OF THE SCIENCE. Lying bastards, and the RRFF Charter and Pros are in bed with them.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Do you guys really think there are going to be 4 options and we get to chose one??? They already know what they are going to do - its just a car crash in slow motion. I went to the first meeting Redland Bay and it has been a farce since then. They have just ticked the boxes that they needed to do to push it all through.

I hope this Global warming thing is not a farce - happy to fish for mackeral/hoo & sticks all year round.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    You know how Charter Blokes say "Come on Recs, we have to stick together on this!"

Well. They are pushing for either option 1 or 2, which has a closure on US, but not them.

They are pushing for us to have a data collection exercise pushed on us, and FOR US TO PAY FOR THE PRIVILEGE!!!!

And if we push option 4, I have it on good authority that Fisheries will say "Look, Recs want a four month closure, but Pros and Charter don't. Let's just give Recs a 4 month closure, and leave Charter and Pro to their TAC."

NO WAY! Pros and Charter are leaving us out in the cold. KH and MG and their sorry little band are starting something they can't finish. It is time Recs stood up again.

Phill, please post the questionnaire in a separate thread, because the way it is worded is set for us to grease our own ar$e$. We need a public discussion about it.

We need option 5. No closures, no nothing, UNTIL THERE IS PROPER SCRUTINY OF THE SCIENCE. Lying bastards, and the RRFF Charter and Pros are in bed with them.

Tim
    unified we are ruined. we will be corralled and surrendered. we cant trust anyone.

we must all be a law unto ourselves. fill the courts with usless cases. chase, actively chase fisheries and show them our 'bought' fish from the markets. dare them to prosecute us. give the mongrels hell.......and as i said before..

"...what got us here is lilly livered yes men, and cowards that wont stand up for their rights.

its no coincidence that scum and green is the same colour!

surrender this, surrender that. by the time stupid apologists decide to fight, they will find that they have surrendered the high ground. surrendered the flanks, and are surrounded.

fight them on the beaches.!!!!! civil disobedience!! every man a law unto himself.

while we are corralled into some fishing lobby or other, we will be surrendered. fill the courts. buy snapper from co'ops and keep your recipts. take your fish fishing. let them charge you. get it all on vid, then prove you bought them in court!!

give em hell. tie em up. fight dirty. fight like they do. they fight by sticking arrows in road kill to try and stop bowhunting. know your enemy..."

It's amazing how they throw 4 options up and we all go for the least damaging,and think that we must pick one.I mean it's like a guy selling a car and he bumps 20% on top of what he really expects,and then sells for what he wanted all along.These chumps want us to pick,as any option is a win for these GREEN TURDS.I say reject all bloody 4 options,but these GREEN TURDS have us as they know we can't mobilise our efforts.It's just the same as someone getting booked for speeding and knows it's bullshit,but they pay it as the fight in time and stress and aggrevation is not worth it,where maybe 10% of the population would fight it.Is it fair that 10% (probably way to generous) of the people fight for our rights to fish?

Mr Robinson could have said...what the hell are you mob on??
    How can you stop people from catching fish because you think it's damaging to their stocks??
    Prove it damaging the stocks and then we'll talk about it then.

He's just another lilly livered yes man with a big voice when he thinks some one's listening but when the crunch comes he a voiceless, gutless wonder.

He has to remember he is supposed to represent the people.
    It seems to me the people are trying to tell him something and he (as well as other polly's) should listen to their constituents and act upon their wishes.

Why not ban sunscreen too. I could be giving people cancer with all the chemicals in it.
    Have a non-catch period for whiting and grinners too.
    Makes about as much sense....and grinner populations could be in decline...who knows??

And another thing....there's a ban happening real soon.
    Where is the advertising campaign for the majority of people who go fishing once every blue moon??
    Or is going to be like every other change to our lifestyles the @rseholes are inflicting upon us.
    You learn when you get a fine in the mail.
    Where's the advertising/educational campaign??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by mudrunner View Post
    unified we are ruined. we will be corralled and surrendered. we cant trust anyone.

we must all be a law unto ourselves. fill the courts with usless cases. chase, actively chase fisheries and show them our 'bought' fish from the markets. dare them to prosecute us. give the mongrels hell.......and as i said before..

"...what got us here is lilly livered yes men, and cowards that wont stand up for their rights.

its no coincidence that scum and green is the same colour!

surrender this, surrender that. by the time stupid apologists decide to fight, they will find that they have surrendered the high ground. surrendered the flanks, and are surrounded.

fight them on the beaches.!!!!! civil disobedience!! every man a law unto himself.

while we are corralled into some fishing lobby or other, we will be surrendered. fill the courts. buy snapper from co'ops and keep your recipts. take your fish fishing. let them charge you. get it all on vid, then prove you bought them in court!!

give em hell. tie em up. fight dirty. fight like they do. they fight by sticking arrows in road kill to try and stop bowhunting. know your enemy..."

were you at any of the previous protest rallies?
    have you fished in the green zones so you can have your day in court on those?

It won't make a cracker of difference..this mob has already decided..just waiting to drop the bomb once people are used to a 6 week closure.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Even Pinhead has caught one...just the one
    Pinhead? BS, I need to see the photo to be convinced!

Mr Robinson could have said...what the hell are you mob on??
    How can you stop people from catching fish because you think it's damaging to their stocks??
    Prove it damaging the stocks and then we'll talk about it then.

He's just another lilly livered yes man with a big voice when he thinks some one's listening but when the crunch comes he a voiceless, gutless wonder.
    I spoke to Mark today, and his explanation was clear. While the "Science" has not been released, how the hell can he say anything? We are all in the dark. Once the science has been put through the filter of a non-died-in-the-wool Green voting maniac, a sensible decision can be made. If there is no science, the LNP have policies to manage things without draconian measures, while they get some.

I thought that was bleeding obvious when he spoke, and I thought he was not really given a good deal in being pushed for something he couldn't give.

I actually thought it was nice to hear an Opposition Politician saying something balanced and thoughtful, instead of promising the world ready for a let down after election.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

The data they got to estimate the fish that rec fishos take was based on 2 phone polls. Quite a lot of people on this site know that fact.

Ref: http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...ghlight=survey

The whole science was based on those survey results. WHAT A JOKE.

I saw 5 blokes in NSW on the news, a few months ago, setting fire to brochures and leaflets, they managed to stop the changes to the murray darling river.

The only language they understand is "BAD publicity".

we need to get organised and Create some public disturbances, most of this thread is what is the best way to cop it.

Why should we cop it at all?? their scientific figures are complete and utter rubbish..

I am with the millitant vote..

Regards
    HOnda.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    I spoke to Mark today, and his explanation was clear. While the "Science" has not been released, how the hell can he say anything? We are all in the dark. Once the science has been put through the filter of a non-died-in-the-wool Green voting maniac, a sensible decision can be made. If there is no science, the LNP have policies to manage things without draconian measures, while they get some.

I thought that was bleeding obvious when he spoke, and I thought he was not really given a good deal in being pushed for something he couldn't give.

I actually thought it was nice to hear an Opposition Politician saying something balanced and thoughtful, instead of promising the world ready for a let down after election.

Cheers,

Tim
    I'm sorry BUT how can he NOT say something where peoples lives are changed because of science that has not been released??
    Hell...we'd better ban sunscreen because it could cause cancer. It hasn't been proven but it could.... We'll use it again when the science is in and says otherwise. That uses the same methodology of thought as the decision to ban snapper fishing for 6 weeks in February.
    He should have just said this is all bullsh!t. Come back to me with science and leave it like it is until the science has proven otherwise.
    That to me sounds like booking a preschool and buying a set of braces for my kid who hasn't been conceived yet and may well never be conceived.

Then why did he accept the deal?? Nobody had a gun to his head did they??
    Why did he have to give anything but the opinion of a vast number of the public??
    Sounds like excuses, excuses, excuses from another big mouth, gutless wonder to this black duck.
    I dare him to prove me wrong. I hope he proves me wrong.

I dare any of the gutless wonders to make an announcement like this on a Sunday arvo at the Victoria Pt or Manly Harbour boat ramp.
    People will soon tell them what they think of the idea in no uncertain terms.

Whilst none of us agree to conforming to this new set of rules, we should all take note that we are fortunate enough to live in a non-regulated country. Try Canada or the USA for example. They have seasons where you have to apply for the opportunity to catch a fish of a particular species and some of those seasons are merely days long. The writing is on the wall for some form of regulation and some form of fee to cover administration of the fishery.
    My prediction is that within about 20 years time we will all be living with some heavy regulations and fees and guess what??? In the end we will accept it like a well trained dog that's been kicked into submission.

This is part of that training, just like last year it was the green zones in the southern half of the state, the yr before that the northern half of the state. Every time there has been major backlash, yet their rules are unbending and still enforced.

My opinion is that they should call it for what it is, a fishing licence, and it should cover all species we are allowed to take.

I don't care how many of you are "outraged" or "victimised" by these events or how loud you scream blue bloody murder. You will eventually all have to conform as it is the government that will make the rules we live by, regardless of if we like or support them. If this current government does not get it through now, the next will be pressured into trying for it again.

Sure, go out and scream and create havoc, but do so knowing that in mere years you will be toeing thier line in some form and probably ranting and raving about the next thing they are putting forward. Governments are lasters at diverting focus to something rediculous to cover them pushing unwanted regulation and legislation through.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Whilst none of us agree to conforming to this new set of rules, we should all take note that we are fortunate enough to live in a non-regulated country.
    Jack..I hold you in the highest regard BUT.....non-regulated??? Australia??
    It's getting to the point where you can't even sneak a quite fart in public any more.

The only thing not regulated here are the banks and fuel companies.

There used to be a bloke on this site who was pretty handy with a Snapper head Maybe he should take aim at a Greeny or Labour member.
    Seriously though it seems to me that its time for a major protest rally. It has been done before with the green zones but it needs to be bigger and more vocal. Surely the Mods can start up a M&G where we all let the media and general non fishing public what a farce this is

i know for a fact that most pros say 80% won't qualify for quota and the other 20% are the ones getting what they want if it was up to the pros and not the working group representing the minority they would opt for a closure so they can still fish but the charter boys have easier qualifing requirerments and want to use the pros quota for themselves by leasing it, this really pisses me off that a minority will get what they want at the expense of the rest of the fishery when fisheries would rather a closure anyway and the majority of pros such as myself get earbashings from recs that we don't deserve such is life i suppose its just easy blaming pro's i guess everyone needs a scapegoat and thats always been pros.

Jack..I hold you in the highest regard BUT.....non-regulated??? Australia??
    It's getting to the point where you can't even sneak a quite fart in public any more.

The only thing not regulated here are the banks and fuel companies.
    Likewise regards Scott, but compare Australia with most other countries in the world. USA, most of the Middle East, China, what used to be Russia, a lot of European countries and even some of the northern states of India and see how much we have freedom with. Most of the world envies our freedom as well as our room to move and our environments.

I went to the USA a few yrs ago for a looksee and the first shock to me was when i went into a service station to get a drink. The fridge was 15 metres long, floor to ceiling and filled to the brink with stuff all variety. Coke, diet Coke, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Dr Pepper (if you can call that a drink) and Sprite. None of the lemons or oranges or sars or the dozens of other flavours that we see daily at our service stations. Every service station was the same........only place to buy other flavours was from the likes of Woolies (krugers) and then it was usually only in 2 litre bottles. Yanks honestly believe they have it made in heaven...............until they visit Australia.

We are basically un-regulated and still free to enjoy our persuits and our passions. Geez, I am bloody thankful I am allowed to drink a beer on a night like tonight!! Free to do as we please.....but your farts.....they are for you only Scott.
    Jack.