Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Queensland Snapper Ban and RIS released.

Re: Queensland Snapper Ban and RIS released.

i vote for civil disobedience.

keep what you catch.... fark em!

Quote Originally Posted by mudrunner View Post

Hope you have deep pockets if caught

where the f$%k is bob katter and all the liberal scabs who during there election campains said that every australian is entitled to go fishing,camping,4wdriving and to enjoy what australia has to offer them.
    where the f$%k is abbott i bet he is not filleting a barra now.

Well.... this is a good one!! Anna Bligh and her merry team of dickheads supposedly undertook 'scientific' research to find out the impact of fish stocks.

They found that snapper were supposedly under threat, and the other species they researched, being trag, pearl perch and spotty mackeral were not being overfished. My guess is that outcome did not please them as their own research did not achieve the outcome they wanted. So under the guise of 'you might catch a snapper if you are targetting one of these' they have decided to ban trag and pearlies as well, two species, by their own admission through research, are not under threat.

This reeks of absolute bullshit. Snapper are subject to a closed season because they are overfished, but other species that are not under threat are banned as well because you might catch a snapper while chasing them.

You blokes have fun sticking your heads in the sand saying "I will just catch pelagics". I for one do not support any organisation that even contemplates an agreement on this farce. If an 'interim' measure, which by virtue of its meaning is not meant to be rash or harsh of say a bag limit of two snapper was implemented for the six weeks to allow people to still go fishing and no restriction on pearlies and trag were proposed, it might just get some support.

Quote Originally Posted by yalta View Post
    where the f$%k is bob katter and all the liberal scabs who during there election campains said that every australian is entitled to go fishing,camping,4wdriving and to enjoy what australia has to offer them.
    where the f$%k is abbott i bet he is not filleting a barra now.
    Well considering this came out yesterday and is a Qld State issue and the pollies you mentioned are not even part of the government your question just makes me laugh.

A better question would be what are ruling government pollies saying and where are they ? Answer - they're in bed having an orgy with Bob Brown and his harem (male and female) and they are saying Oooh Aaaahh. (Except Julia - her butt wouldn't fit in the room ...and she was probably watching Oprah reruns seeking good wholesome advice for her next policy)

The real fact is that this should not even be a party-political-game-of-football issue at all !

The Queensland government does it again.
    Why use science when you can make up figures.
    Or in the case of the current government "Why tell the truth when a perfectly good lie will work"

Is it any wonder why Captain Bligh is the most unpopular premier in Australia

Might be time for a mutiny. It worked on the Bounty, just make sure we give her a boat with a hole in it.

Ian

im sorry guys,this is all my fault.i bought a shimano 6500 baitrunner about two weeks ago to catch some snapper in the river with my son(as a rec angler),now its all downhill!.
    the idea of fishing licences sucks.as a pro i have to pay $415.00 every six months to register my trawler,plus $125.00 every six months for my master fishermans ticket.that means i did 24 months seatime,went to a tafe,did the course and still have to pay every year.everyone that leaves school each year doesnt have to pay for their junior or senior cert every year.
    in my trawling we have a weekend closure,if we have a weekend closure should castnetting for prawns not be allowed over the weekend as well?
    if the bag limit for snapper does happen to be reduced more,could we push for the smaller legal fish e.g. 35-40 cm to be kept alive in a specific size or larger live tank,with running water,so that if you did happen to catch a bigger one the smaller one could be happily released and so on?i hope it all works out,vent your frustrations to the right people but as we find,once we hear about things the decision is normally already made.good luck!!
    support your local commercial fisher,its never too late!!

Quote Originally Posted by DALEPRICE View Post
    would i be wrong in saying that this move will put a lot of extra stress on
    the spotty mackeral fishery in this period?

any nice spells of weather will see ALL boats fishing for pelagics?
    just a thought
    cheers dale
    i agree. biting off one's nose to spite its face. will also put pressure on sweetlip too i suspect.

Ah there you go, thats one of the points I was trying to make but didnt word it well at all (I am not a literary scholar after all).

Early next year, due to no take on snapper, pearlies and trag (and there are places good pearlies and snaps can be caught in summer mind you), the spotty mack population is going to get a hiding...

This time next year, the same brains trust will spruik that due to a massive increase in the spotty mackeral take in 2012, best that there be a closed season on them too!!!

So saying that just because YOU dont/ cant catch snapper in March, or YOU dont target snapper in March, just aint going to cut it this time. If everybody just says that they will concentrate on mackeral etc during the time, it may well work for you next year, but in the years that follow you'll cop it in the arse just like those of us that chase reefies....

I reckon the Basa importers are rubbing their hands together.....

This is crap!

So .... What are we going do about this?

Cop it or fight?

If you say fight, then how can we make a statement?

Who're you're going to call?

Quote Originally Posted by ellicat View Post
    Well considering this came out yesterday and is a Qld State issue and the pollies you mentioned are not even part of the government your question just makes me laugh.

A better question would be what are ruling government pollies saying and where are they ? Answer - they're in bed having an orgy with Bob Brown and his harem (male and female) and they are saying Oooh Aaaahh. (Except Julia - her butt wouldn't fit in the room ...and she was probably watching Oprah reruns seeking good wholesome advice for her next policy)

The real fact is that this should not even be a party-political-game-of-football issue at all !

well considering it is australian waters they still have to go through federal goverment to make it happen. so what's there to laugh about.

Quote Originally Posted by mudrunner View Post

Probably what got us here in the first place!

If one of their submissions is a fee for fishing that species what is the point of bag limits and size limits, is this the response to all problems faced by the government that is by deterring people by placing a financial penalty . Obviously there is no money in bag and size limits. May be they should have more fisheries officers policing the existing laws.I wonder what a bream and flathead is worth to catch

Quote Originally Posted by lumox View Post
    Probably what got us here in the first place!
    no. what got us here is lilly livered yes men, and cowards that wont stand up for their rights.

its no coincidence that scum and green is the same colour!

surrender this, surrender that. by the time stupid apologists decide to fight, they will find that they have surrendered the high ground. surrendered the flanks, and are surrounded.

fight them on the beaches.!!!!! civil disobedience!! every man a law unto himself.

while we are corralled into some fishing lobby or other, we will be surrendered. fill the courts. buy snapper from co'ops and keep your recipts. take your fish fishing. let them charge you. get it all on vid, then prove you bought them in court!!

give em hell. tie em up. fight dirty. fight like they do. they fight by sticking arrows in road kill to try and stop bowhunting. know your enemy...

So what do I do if a snapper commits suicide when I'm trying to drown a prawn??
    They must be easy to catch. Even Pinhead has caught one...just the one
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good