Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Queensland Snapper Ban and RIS released.

Thumbs down Re: East Coast Snapper ban now in place!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Love to know how they arrive at the 415 tonnes taken by recreational anglers! This must be a guess as there is no clear or easy way to determine this number...I reckon it must be wildly a inaccurate figure.

How will the proposed changes/options affect catch and release anglers? If I target snaps for pics only will I have to pay a fee, keep a log book or do I just target other species and call snaps bycatch?

Interesting to see where this goes...
    no pro's tells them didley squat anymore after they used the log books against them....
    415 tonnes by recs is a bit hard to swallow considering we can onty take 5 fish at a time....just another bligh cash grab and greenie "BLOWJOB" to me.
    some one is talking a whole HEEP of bullsh!t some where that they stand to make a whole heep of cash out of.....same ol...same ol..
    pickers

Re: East Coast Snapper ban now in place!!!!

Id go with option 4. 1 out all out.

There is noway it is acceptable to have commercial fishing while recs cannot fish. The pros and charter boats will find a way to fiddle the books and make a mockery of this given the chance.

Option four is the ONLY fair option, the people that are having the biggest inpact on the snapper/ Pearl Perch are the commerical fisherman.

as previously stated we can only take 5 fish pp anyway.

everyone that lives on the gold coast is now just going to head down to NSW and fish.

Another money spinner for them hey.. Pay a fee to catch snapper what next!! If they were seriously worried about the so called deleted snapper stocks they would just ban catching them full stop!!?? Money talks of course you will pay the fee to fish off the sunny coast with snapper been the prime target off those waters otherwise why would you own a boat.

Bligh and greenies are slowly ruining the joint time to find another hobby i think.

Over and out Deano.

How about option 5
    no closure and scientific reporting
    "light gear big fish big fun"

what would be ideal is some reliable facts. maybe they switched the figures commercial fishing took 415 and rec 190 tonne. seems another revenue scheme to me

If there is a Rec only closure (options 1,2 and 3), I intend anchoring at, say, Square Patch, running up a Divers in the water flag, video taping anyone who comes within the prescribed distance, and reporting the bastards.

I got canned out a few months back by a few nice folks with a Charter and Pro persuasion who said we all have to be in this together. Well, now is the time for those blokes to put their money where their mouths are, and back us with "one out all out."

I'll bet they don't!!!

Anything else, and they are doing EXACTLY WHAT I SAID THEY WOULD.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Re: Snapper Closed Season Now A Reality

Could have been alot worse - something like a 3 month closure.

I'm seriously considering giving fishing away, these new rules and regulations the government are bringing in all the time are utter bullshit and get my blood boiling.

Might be time to buy a 500hp rotary turbo and have fun at the drags...at least theres not so many stupid rules.

cheers tim

Tim, that's what the mongrels want to hear. Giving up means they all win.
    Cheers,
    Chris

So my "prediction" of a 6 week blosure commencing in Februaty was deadly accurate. (Read my post back then if you do not believe me).

Clearly, in my mind, this is pre-meditated and has been in the planning for at least 4 months. Those interested, feel free to PM me if you wish.

i'd prefer the four month closure and i know a lot of pros that would too they would rather that than qualify for a tac and 70% of them be forced out of the fishery.

Re: Snapper Closed Season Now A Reality

I don't mind a closed season, if the Science indicates it is needed. Pardon me if I don't believe much coming out of a Labor/Green Government on "Science" though...

If there is a closed season, it MUST be for all sectors. Anything else raises a serious equity issue.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Re: Have your say on the future management of snapper

Well we all new it was it was going to happen and at that time of year will not effect many due to the weather at that time of year other than the charter and commercial fisher side of things , i think that a rotation of species every year would be good for all in the long run,to me its just like the bass and barramundi every year and its only 6weeks out of 52 weeks just my thoughts cheers chris.

Re: Snapper Ban!!

to be honest its not that bad. i mean look at the time frame which has been selected, but the question is...all the honest fishos will abide, but what and how will people be dealt with if they are found to be fishing for snapper, pearlies and trag

re 1 fish bags
    it could be a real possibility as they state "we need to make significant changes to the way this fishery is managed." and ill support smaller bag limits everyday like most fishos i like eating fish and u have to agree with me that frozen fish doesn't taste as good so why fill your freezer, but then again i take a meal if its a nice eatable fish then practice CNR on the rest of my fish anyways... that's it from me I'm ducking for cover now