Thread: Shimano TR200G Overhead

Shimano TR200G Overhead

Looking at picking up one of these for my young fellas neighbour as his first overhead reel. He mostly will use this to catch trout and small nannygai in about 80 to 100 feet of water. Anyone used this reel before?

Re: Shimano TR200G Overhead

Hey Devocean, My kids used a couple of these for years when they were younger, served them well as a first reel for a bit of bottom bashing. I gave them to a cousin for his boys and they are still going strong. Basic reel, easy for kids to use and not to heavy for younger ones, they are worth a look if you can get one at the right price.

Cheers Ron
    Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots

I did the same with my young fella he caught an awful lot of fish with that reel (nannies and trout ) .the reel was still going strong when he got bigger and got a bigger reel . it is still in the rod rack for if younger cousins come fishing
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Had one for a few years.

Very basic overhead but does quite a good job.
    You should be able to pick one up very cheaply these days.

Pete

Thanks Boys - By the way nice GT Pistol P

Good reels, was my first overhead reel as well, and I still use it as my bait jigging reel.

just be aware that they don't have a real lot of drag, fishing reasonably light though you won't have a problem. the drag they do have is very nice for a basic reel.