Thread: Newby from Perth

Newby from Perth

OK, I seem to be vastly outnumbered as Qld seems highly represented on this site, but what the heck, its a great forum, so here I am.

Love my fishing, prefer to be remote, like to have a beach to myself or just my group. Remote camping/fishing shore based is my thing though I don't get to do it often enough.

Dirk Hartog Island is my idea of paradise - nearly 80km long, 10km wide, only 8 vehicles allowed on island at any one time. Awesome fishing in a north meets south species smorgasboard. Perfect for kayak fishing. Heaven.

Love hearing what others are doing fishing-wise - if I can't get out there, its nice to at least read about it.

Looking forward to a daily dose of fishing on this site.

Cheers

Re: Newby from Perth

Hi Welcome aboard

It is always nice to hear from a different perspective
    It would be great if you could share some stories and photos of your fishing
    It is a great part of Australia, so picturesque

Everyone is pretty friendly and a lot of info here that can be applied anywhere

Will definitely post some photos. Have a trip to Dirk Hartog Island coming up in April, so that will have some stories attached no doubt.

Cheers

Gday and Welcome mate

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

welcome aboard. would love to see some pics of fishing steep point if u go there.its a spectacular place.
    jim
    ps its a bit hard working out a nic name for u

BT??
    Jim

Will have an overnight stay at Shelter Bay near Steep Point prior to getting the barge over to Dirk Hartog - that's April. Definitely an awesome spot. Only problem is I still have 4 months to work before then :-(

Quote Originally Posted by jimbamb View Post
    ps its a bit hard working out a nic name for u

BT??
    Jim
    Yes, sorry about that! After I created the user I realised it was a bit stupid, but can't change it from what I can see. Call me anything.

BT will be ok i recon
    Jim

Wish I was there again
    Jim