Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheeky bloody net nicker!

Cheeky bloody net nicker!

Dropped a couple of brand new pots into the Mossman River last night. All properly labelled up and I tucked 'em away were I figured they should be right, and give me a feed. Back this morning and no pots. Started to get a bit steamy 'round the collar.

'Bout 10 minutes ago I get a call and this character (I can think of many other terms) says 'Great pots thanks, and I'm gonna enjoy the crabs.' Caller i.d. came up as private.

Do these mongrels have x-ray vision, or what? Those pots were well stooked, but obviously not well enough.

If the guilty party is reading this 'Ya scum-sucking turd-burglar, I hope crabs is what u catch. Ya need reaming with th' rough end of a pineapple, and turned into bait!'

Re: Cheeky bloody net nicker!

What a mongrel !!... to have the hide to ring up and spruik....hope karma gets the w#%ker.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by mozzie1957 View Post
    Dropped a couple of brand new pots into the Mossman River last night. All properly labelled up and I tucked 'em away were I figured they should be right, and give me a feed. Back this morning and no pots. Started to get a bit steamy 'round the collar.

'Bout 10 minutes ago I get a call and this character (I can think of many other terms) says 'Great pots thanks, and I'm gonna enjoy the crabs.' Caller i.d. came up as private.

Do these mongrels have x-ray vision, or what? Those pots were well stooked, but obviously not well enough.

If the guilty party is reading this 'Ya scum-sucking turd-burglar, I hope crabs is what u catch. Ya need reaming with th' rough end of a pineapple, and turned into bait!'
    Mate, I would not stand for that sort of behaviour. I'd be getting advise and contacting the police and your mobile phone carrier to see what can be done.

The carrier should be able to trace the call. Might be a dead end but you've gotta do something, right ?

Yeah, did that. If someone'd been bumped off mighta got a reasonable response. Carrier could hardly be bothered, 'cept to say that the call probably came from a public phone. Hope it cost th' mongrel heaps to place it. Not the first time I've lost pots, but the first time coppin' this sorta bull. Cheeky bastard. Next time I drop in a set goin' to sweat on 'em, and hope to Christ I catch the ahole. Hasta be in a boat and not that many on th' river at any one time. Only 2 places for him to come out, less he goes straight out and heads for Port. Can't see him goin' to that much trouble for a few pots so I reckon he'll come out at one of the two. I'll be at one, me mate at th' other. Orta b fun. Will keep posted.

I'd still take it to the police. Don't let them fob you off as after all a crime was committed. theft is theft and you can provide a very solid lead. Take it as far as you want but if you put the pressure on, they will have to look into it properly. Newspapers are a handy tool for getting the local member to be on your side in the war against crime. I know it may seem trivial, but the cheeky bugger needs to have his wings clipped.

I don't know if this counts on mobiles but it does on home phones.
    You get a newsance call " Don't hang up"
    Once the other person hangs up and you Don't it regesters at Telstra ectange and you've got them!!
    Second call the cops get to pay them a visit.
    Look into it as I havent had to use it in ove 5 years.
    But remember it has to be at Least 10 minutes after they hang up and you dont!

Thanks all, had a chat to a copper mate. Tells me that I can make it all official, but it'd go to the bottom of the list of priorities, somewhere 'round jaywalkers and gettin' gran's cat outta a tree. In fact, the cat'd get priority. (Sorta like, don't waste their time they got more important things to do). Can't say I blame 'em. They got a pretty shitty job at times, don't envy them.
    Best the phone mob could do was to tell me that the call originated from a public phone, an' how many million people use those. Turd was lucky to find one that wasn't vandalised.
    So back to Plan CTB. (Catch the B) In the meantime I hope he gets the pox and it falls off.

you wouldve been fuming from every orifice in your body mate. its now time to set the bait for him to take and give him a fair flogging. thats all these people deserve

Thats not quite right.

If the 'A' party hangs up & the 'B' party doesn't, the call drops out if not immediately after 90seconds.
    It is only if you have made numerous complaints about being harrassed by telephone, that the coppers will make a request that the call trace facility be applied to your line. Which then as you say the 'B' party needs to not hang up until the trace has been completed.

Quote Originally Posted by swampman62 View Post
    I don't know if this counts on mobiles but it does on home phones.
    You get a newsance call " Don't hang up"
    Once the other person hangs up and you Don't it regesters at Telstra ectange and you've got them!!
    Second call the cops get to pay them a visit.
    Look into it as I havent had to use it in ove 5 years.
    But remember it has to be at Least 10 minutes after they hang up and you dont!
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Angry Re: Cheeky bloody net nicker!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyarados View Post
    you wouldve been fuming from every orifice in your body mate. its now time to set the bait for him to take and give him a fair flogging. thats all these people deserve
    Gave me the sh*ts all right. Nets're not all that dear, go get ur bloody own. I've been bought up to respect other peoples' stuff. We're only out to have a bit of a fish and, hopefully, get a feed. Wouldn't dream of takin' anything wasn't mine. But that bloody phone call really took the cake. Would've tore him a new freckle had I been able to get hold of him. Anyway, every dog has its day.

Have you tried fisheries?

Pretty low act in any case.

That's why I gave up crabing, lost too much gear.

Luc

Saw the bloke and explained the prob. He tells me that 'Yeah, raidin' and nickin' goes on all the time. (No sh*t Sherlock). But given the amount of coastline to cover, the number of estuaries, unless caught in th' act, blah, blah.........'

Yet, if you drop in a set an' stay nearby with ur mates Win and Chester, and something out of the ordinary where to happen then it'd be up in front of the Beak, and you'd be told 'Vigilantes cannot and will not be tolerated in today's society, this is an issue that should have been left to the proper authority to deal with'

Gees........

Got him, got him..........what a bloody bewdy.

Dropped in a set, early this morn (little twist o' wire on 'em as a marker) an' decided to wet a line for a bit. Bugger me, wasn't there an hour an' this character (can think of more impolite terms) motors up in this tinny loaded with nets. Wandered over and kindly offered to tie up an' give him a hand to unload. Two of the pots have my twist on 'em, but the floats are gone. Doesn't matter, I know they're mine.
    When he was climbing up onto the deck the clumsy bugger slipped, banged his head musta been 5 or 6 times, and then fell in. Had to get down into his tinny to try an reach him and it appears I mighta dislocated a few fingers, his, while trying to get him to dry land. Did me best to help but somehow, in all the excitement, his outboard fell in as well. I'm not goin' after that, bloody crocs there. But if someone's after an outboard I reckon if you go down, fish it out an take it to the copshop should be yours in 'bout 3 months.
    I doubt anyone else'll be claiming it.

Well Done, good to see you kept your composure!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ttone View Post
    Well Done, good to see you kept your composure!!!!!!!!
    I did. Even offered to run him into town for a touch of the medical, and to report the lost outboard on the way. Didn't want a bar of it. Bloody ungrateful sod. By the way, there's a tinny bobbing 'round down there somewhere, unless it's washed out.