Thread: Noosa Spaniard

Noosa Spaniard

with a break in the rain this morning me and a mate had to take the opportunity to get out to try for a mackeral.
    got out the bar easily right on high tide and headed out to some close reefs.
    trolled around for a couple hours for nothing until i scored 2 little kingys one on each treble of my lure. they where only around 60 cm but they managed to rip the wire out of my x rap. went back to the same spot to try have some fun on the kingys on slugs and plastics and first drift a hooked something ok. first thought was kingy but after a solid little fight on light snapper gear a spaniard comes in the boat. it went just under 90cm and got it on a 20 gram raider.
    pretty happy to get our target, 1st of the season for me

Re: Noosa Spaniard

nice one - using wire on ya slug?

nice 1 mate, cant wait till i can get a few of those this year.
    what flavour xrap were you using.

jp

no wire on the slug, got lucky. although when spinning for spotties with 20-25gram slugs i dont use wire and havent lost to many.
    the colour X-rap is BSRD

top stuff mate! good to see some people can chance the weather an make it worth while few more to come i bet

REEL SNAPPER ADDICTION

Nice work Sean! Surf was pumping yesterday and you went fishing instead? Jokes!

Good on ya mate get into them
    jt
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Great stuff! In the new boat too! Nice to see you blooded it with a decent fish!

Much surface action around?
    Check out my boat for sale in the classifieds

• 469 Stacer open Seahorse/Nomad
    • 50hp 4 stroke tiller Mercury
    • Heaps of extras, in top condition
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

looks like a great day out there!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serenity!

thanks guys,
    theres a few mac tuna around on the surface, mostly small ones though. we got a few around 5 kg and they definitely blooded the boat

Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthebox View Post
    Great stuff! In the new boat too! Nice to see you blooded it with a decent fish!

Much surface action around?

Judging from the photos I think I know which boat you're in. You sure have put in some hours over the last week.
    I've just got home from the annual week at Culgoa.

might be thinking of someone else, that was the first time i got outside the bar in a couple months. had a couple arvo sessions in the river but havent been able to get out much with the rain and work.
    how did you go at noosa, did you manage to get a few?
    heres a pic of my boat

You're right - same outboard diff boat.

After the week of weather we just had I'm glad I left the boat at home this time.
    Just bream on bread and whiting on yabbies out the back of the unit with the kids this year. I took the canoe and paddled a bit but didn't even drag a lure - must be finally learning to r e l a x...

Great spano mate. Must be a bit of fresh out there at the moment, so great result!

cuzza