Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member from Brisbane

Re: New member from Brisbane

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyL View Post
    I upgraded to a baysport 620 offshore and am very happy with it but haven't ventured offshore yet. I am taking the boat back to the dealer on Saturday for its first serviceso wont get out on the water this weekend.
    This weather has been keeping quite a few people off the water it seems. The Baysport looks like a great locally made package, I've eyed off a few when I was window shopping for my rig. Good stuff, hopefully get to see an offshore report from you when we get some good weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    It's not a standard 4.0 Discovery. Bluefin modified all the front struts with extra reinforcing. Bay chop is punishing on a 4mtr boat so it is one tuff little rig.

Anthony L

I used to have a 4.3mtr glass Mustang runabout and upgraded to the Yalta triple 5, so offshore is more my game these days, really still getting game plans sorted where I have still been fishing as I did the bay with plastics, but with heavier and bigger plastics and jigheads. Hope to get my 1st Dolly this summer.

One thing I can highly recommend is doing a Bar Crossing Course. It was part of the deal with my wife when getting an offshore boat.

Scalem
    It's all clicking into place now! I came across his thread a year back when I was researching into Bluefins. It was actually partly Andrew's thread which instilled a bit of confidence in me to go with a small local company that stood behind their product.

Who did you do the bar crossing course with? I've had people recommend John xxxx (can't remember now). I'm game enough to tackle Palm Beach reefs on a good day but think the course would be a good idea.

Cheers
    Eug

I have done the course and would still be nervous going out to palm beach on a good day via currumbin. Weather can turn quickly, and if you got out there without problems, coming back with a different tide might become a whole new ballgame. Bill will teach you what to look out for.

Bill Corten - name of business is Reel Afair

Phone 0447233247
    e-mail reel_affair@yahoo.com

Scalem

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    I have done the course and would still be nervous going out to palm beach on a good day via currumbin. Weather can turn quickly, and if you got out there without problems, coming back with a different tide might become a whole new ballgame. Bill will teach you what to look out for.

Bill Corten - name of business is Reel Afair

Phone 0447233247
    e-mail reel_affair@yahoo.com

Scalem
    Thanks mate will look him up!

Welcome bud get ready for some serious typing,plenty of help out their ay!