Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member from Brisbane

New member from Brisbane

Hi all,

Long time reader first time poster. Have been lurking on these forums for a few years now and have been slowly putting together the know how and techniques to update on the skills my old man once taught me. He no longer has time to fish but I intend on returning the favour and teach him a few things about lures this summer if this crazy Brisbane weather ever clears up.

I mainly fish the Brisbane River for Threadfin, Jew, Snapper, Cod and Flathead but have recently come back from Monduran (with a donut) but with a taste of what Barra have to offer (yet to hook one but the missus lost one boatside). I also dabble in a bit of freshwater fishing with fellow member Ray (rayken1938) at North Pine Dam for bass and redclaw.

Attached are a few photos of my very keen and trusted decky, some of our catches and my toys. If you see us out and about in the river or bay give us a holla!

Cheers
    Eug

Re: New member from Brisbane

Few more photos.

Cheers
    Eug

Welcome aboard Eug
    We hope you enjoy your time at Ausfish... by the looks you wont be asking to many question about fishing....might be the other way though..

cheers
    wayne.

G'day Wayne,

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words. I'll be quite happy to share my experiences and answer a few as I've picked up a few hints and tips from other members myself.

I'm starting to get into camping a bit and hopefully venture out a little further into the sea so new territory there, trying to figure things out is the best bit of fishing/camping (a little guidance helps also!). So no doubt I'll have a few noob questions in due time :p

Cheers
    Eug

LOL...you beat me to it Wayno...its all good tho. Welcome Eug...

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

G'day Sunny! Thanks for the welcome.
    Cheers
    Eug

Hmmm .... Same user name as I saw on another forum, must be the same person but nothing meant by it, you are a cyberbuddy of my brother Andrew who likes catching snapper at Mud island. Am I right?

Cooincidentally, you have the same Bluefin Discovery boat too!

Welcome to Ausfish mate, if you see my posts, you will know where Andrew learnt all his fishing skills from LOL

Scalem

Just made the connection with your username Scalem and Poodroo? I didn't realise he had a Bluefin as well. Good stuff.
    I'll keep that in mind, although I wonder if he'll say the same vice versa

Eug

Quote Originally Posted by Eug View Post
    Just made the connection with your username Scalem and Poodroo? I didn't realise he had a Bluefin as well. Good stuff.

Eug
    We have some good competitions at times for sure.... More Versa than Visa but
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...ight=last+cast

Scalem

Looks like a good session there!
    Eug

Hi Eug welcome ....this is a great site to be a part of. I fish the brisbane river a lot esp when I need a fix and the weather is a bit crappy. I had a bluefin too until I recently upgraded to a new boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eug View Post

Eug

Quite similar except the colour, and his is the 4.0 I think your is 4.2??

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyL View Post
    Hi Eug welcome ....this is a great site to be a part of. I fish the brisbane river a lot esp when I need a fix and the weather is a bit crappy. I had a bluefin too until I recently upgraded to a new boat.
    Thanks Anthony, I've been itching of late due to this weather also. What did you upgrade to? Come say hi if you see us about.

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    Quite similar except the colour, and his is the 4.0 I think your is 4.2??
    Yeah mine's a 4.2, although I think your brother seems to take it out further than me. I've been out to Dunwich and around Mud but keen to head out a bit further when weather allows.

Cheers
    Eug

I upgraded to a baysport 620 offshore and am very happy with it but haven't ventured offshore yet. I am taking the boat back to the dealer on Saturday for its first serviceso wont get out on the water this weekend.

It's not a standard 4.0 Discovery. Bluefin modified all the front struts with extra reinforcing. Bay chop is punishing on a 4mtr boat so it is one tuff little rig.

Anthony L

I used to have a 4.3mtr glass Mustang runabout and upgraded to the Yalta triple 5, so offshore is more my game these days, really still getting game plans sorted where I have still been fishing as I did the bay with plastics, but with heavier and bigger plastics and jigheads. Hope to get my 1st Dolly this summer.

One thing I can highly recommend is doing a Bar Crossing Course. It was part of the deal with my wife when getting an offshore boat.

Scalem