Thread: Fishing from the bank.

Fishing from the bank.

Hey,
    At the moment i don't own a boat but am keen as anything to go for a fish.
    i live in brisbane so will drive to surrounding dams, somerset, wivenhoe, maroon ect. Seeking some advice. Keen to go to maroon and get up there early and do some surface fishing. Would i be wasting my time doing this off the bank? Is maroon a very suitable dam for fishing off the bank? other then that i want to have a bit of a go with soft plastics throughout the day and if my luck fails ill resort to bait. Last time i went to maroon was when i had my boat and the dam was very weedy around the edges this was a few years back though and my memory of it isn't all to great. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Re: Fishing from the bank.

Hi mate,
    Not much experience in any of the dams you mentioned but I've given North Pine Dam a bit of a hit landbased a few times.
    http://www.prfma.com.au/lakesamsonvale.html
    Give that website a try it'll lead you to the Pine Rivers Fish Management Association and has some maps to get you started along with details on the necessary permits.
    Cheers
    Eug

being under 18 a permit isn't needed as far as im aware?

It can be tough going land based right now with the amount of water in the dams.
    You can still catch them but you just have to put your thinking cap on.
    Definitely check out the website in Eugs post. It contains a great article by Dennis Pearce ( DinodaDog ) on fishing from the bank.
    So shines a good deed in a weary world
    - William S Shakespeare and William S Wonka_