Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RBW 2010 Roundup.

Re: RBW 2010 Roundup.

It had been too long between RBW's and thanks to Stuart from prompting this one.

Although I didn't build a rod, I enjoyed watching the others come together over the 2 days. I do have one more rod to build, but I found a nice Spiral Wrap rod there and had to have it for " field testing "...

My next rod will be the River to Mud " Touchy Wood memorial Rod " which Scotty will hopefully provide some grips and I will do the rest.

A similar blank was worked on by Dazza and looks good, as long as you finish it soon

Thanks to Greg and Sue for the use of their house and for the refreshments provided.

Stuart again made everything look so easy and I am sure everyone got a bit out of the weekend, even the old heads.

The original organizer of these weekends could not make it, but was there in spirit and even made a phone call to say hi... Cheers Roz.

General consensus is that another weekend in about May would be good to have another crack.

Good to meet, John, Paul, Adrian and catch up again with Darren, Greg, Stuart, Graham, Scott, Sue, Dave, Ian and Mark.

Cheers Phill

OH.... pumpkin scones with jam and cream... yummo !!!!!!!!!
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

and thanks Phill for the table and chairs etc

I was just hoping that Stuart was going to forget that rod of his..I would wash it before I returned it to him..nice piece of work that set up.

and phill, now dont forget the lollies on top of the cream mate
    [it did look like a nipple that he was sucking on]

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    and thanks Phill for the table and chairs etc

I was just hoping that Stuart was going to forget that rod of his..I would wash it before I returned it to him..nice piece of work that set up.
    yeah ,would have looked good on my BOAT.
    hey stu

LOL Ian..I missed that one.

Thanks guys for organising this one. Was really good to catch up with everyone and put some faces to names, and real names to screen nick's.

I would also like to say that it was very refreshing to see the amount of talent that those in attendance had. It was a great weekend and I know I have picked up lots of tips and ideas for some of my next rods.

OH, and by the way, the finger in the earlier photo is me saying - look at this sh!t, needs to be straightened and burnished...

Cheers
    Adrian

Greg and Sue, Thanks for a top effort it must be hard having a group of loony rod builders there.Stu top effort as well.It's good to meet old friends again as well as make new ones.
    Best regards Graham

Sounds like you all have a great weekend .

Scott

Gees by the sounds of it and by the looks of the pictures things must have changed on Sunday.

Saturday must have been the see if we can the p!ss Scott off day.
    From the word go I thought it was going to be on with Phil ringing me 2 minutes after official start time wondering where I was and then the grilling when I got there as to why I was 5 minutes late and then trying to explain the logic of stopping at a garage sale to buy a fishing rod on the way to a rodbuilding school. Gee wizz Louise.

From what I can remember there were only a couple of people doing something constructive on Saturday and the rest were just trying to try me....but it didn't work ya lousy rotten mongrel b@st@rds. I was unfazzable....I think .

Another great day for me and Phil's kids got another rod for their collection

So a big ta the those who organised and went the extra mile and thanks for the guys who turned up.
    It's people like you lot who make these weekends the pleasure they are.

So until next time...

PS: Next time I'll whip the cream Sue. So sorry
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Hey Finga

Lucky no one mentioned the T shirt and wet epoxy and rod on the drier incident.

Cheers Dazza

Shuddup Dazza and get back to work ya slacker... .....

Quote Originally Posted by 2DKnBJ View Post
    Hey Finga

Cheers Dazza

And here I was thinking that he was just trying for a bagged finish just to offset the Tiger Wrap???? of Phils.........

So keen when i got home Sunday night to finish the rod i started at the RBW.I'll get into this so i can start practising some other things that i saw.When i opened my little container it was immediately apparent i had a problem.The little bottle of thinners had leaked badly and wrecked my glasses and headlamp(which i didn't use at the RBW)also i now need new syringes.....well most things that were in my container.Also went to bed rather light headed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DKnBJ View Post
    Hey Finga

Cheers Dazza
    haha Dazza..I forgot about the Cabella's shirt getting hard.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    haha Dazza..I forgot about the Cabella's shirt getting hard.
    Oh mate. It turned out brilliantly. My guts will have a permanent 6 pack now instead of the one BIG Darwin stubbie when I wear that that shirt again.
    I might be able to market them