Thread: Hi

Hi

Hi Guys

Been reading this forum for a few months now and decided to join up and support the site/community.

Ive come from the country and never really been fishing until 2 years ago went to vanuatu with a mate and since then been a few times. Awesome fishing over there unfortunately its not where i live. So i bought a tinney recently to try and catch something in the pine (as i live north side) and possibly the brisbane river if i ever get a chance to go that way.

Still trying to get my head around using the tinney but have been super keen and have been trying to get out out on the water about once a week after work for a arvo/night fish. Havent had much luck - prolly because im still trying to work out where i am on the river and look for spots to fish. So far i have been trying the bridge in the pine on the hwy with no results until last night when on the very change of tide i had 2 bites of which i caught 1 undersized brim so i moved after 3 hours of nothing to where the south pine runs into the north pine and caught 2 eels . seems to me that im destined for everything other than fish with 3 eels so far, 2 rays and 2 catty.

Anyways, if anyone has some ideas about some areas i can go exploring for something a little more promising than eels that would be fantastic.

Oh i have also been trying to cast sp's (4"pumkin seed wobble tails? and atomic chicken 3" minnows) and a river 2sea lure (bluey green colour) and havent had much luck. would this be down to my noob approach to lures or do i need to cast a few more times (i would cast for about 1/2 hour in all directions)?

Anyways awesome site and awesome people with a great attitude on the site - well done

cheers
    ryan

Re: Hi

Heya Ryan Welcome to Ausfish mate...lots of top shlef people on ths site...all happy to help out with any questions or queries you maybe (sorry obviously ) have.
    Stick to it mate...keep up the trips in the tinny...explore your enviroment use all sorts of plastics/bait. Thats why they call it fishing...and not catching

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

Welcome aboard Ryan,
    We hope you enjoy your time on Ausfish and if you have any question please feel free to ask, with the tallent of people on here you will surely get the right answer..

cheers
    Wayne

Hi mate. Welcome to the site.

A flick through the "Saltwater" section should help you to get a handle on whats around the place.

TOL