Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things that annoy you about some tackle stores?

Things that annoy you about some tackle stores?

After visiting 2 big fishing tackle stores last weekend I came away a little underwelmed, so I thought I'd ask other anglers what are some of the issues they find annoying when shopping for tackle. Maybe some in the bussiness will take notice of the responses.

The number 1 complaint from me and something that's not hard to fix is items without any marked price or price tag. It seemed everything I was interested in wasn't priced at all. I didn't feel like waiting in line to ask a salesman each time so I didn't purchase a thing.

I did see 1 salesman sell a guy a TLD overhead & a UglyStick spin rod combo at 1 store though .

Cheers

Re: Things that annoy you about some tackle stores?

It is crap mate, customer service in an industry that will pull customers regardless is out the window. I went to a big tackle store call FBC or something like that with a brand new evacool esky I had just purchased. The lid had bubbled, the bottom corner had a hole in the jelcoat and the lid had black spots through it and the clip had broken. I said to them" have a few of these and they didnt fail 2 months into a 5 year warranty. Her response was"Oh the black spots...fibregalss is porous so thats normal they all do that, yeah dont know why it bubbled. Ummm the clip we can replace now, and ready for this one...
    The hole in the bottom inside corner wont affect the cooling capacity of the esky. I remained very cool considering I am normally a Demir Dokic when I feel I am been fingered. I have just received a new esky from Evakool 2 weeks after the initial warranty claim.
    Go to Tackle Warehouse, small business competing against these retail giants that have all the good old stuff like, honest reviews, great service and know what they are talking about.
    Marty

PS No affiliation with Tackle warehouse infact unforyunately spent more with CBF cos its closer.

Being out of stock. That really gives me the dirts.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

I'm with you Mike !, No prices no sale. What are you ment to do , carry everything to the counter and ask how much ?. NO I go elsewhere.
    P#sses me.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Being out of stock. That really gives me the dirts.
    And they'll have it in a couple of days, yeh right. Maybe sometimes but never when I order it.

There are a lot of good small/mid size stores around Brizzy with staff who know their stuff. Tackle W/house, Fish Head, Jones, Charltons come to mind, I wish I lived closer to one of them, even if you don't make a purchase they're good for a browse and a chat. And to be fair I know a couple of guys at B#F who know their sh#t but they're very thin on the ground I doubt their knoledge is fully appreciated there.

I also have no association with any store.

Cheers

1. No prices / incorrect prices on things
    2. Seeing something in the latest catalogue and you go in to buy it and they don't have it. Not that they sold out, they just didn't have it to start with
    3. Ordering something and ringing a week later to chase it up only to find out it has been sitting there for two days
    4. When a staff member is serving you and they are talking to another staff member who is doing nothing. Hello, am I invisible?
    5. A certain large chain store that hires 12 years olds that think a 'hook' is a catchy drum beat in Justin Biebers latest 'hit'

not restocking the shelves... nothing sh!ts me worse than going to the tackle store to grab a no brainer basic item, and they have very size but the common size you want - ask and they say, sorry, just sold out of that, placing a new order tomorrow. go back 2 weeks later, and the shelf looks the same, with exactly the same item missing again.

going to a big chain and seeing an item for 53.95 ( abu garcia overhead) thinking that would be a good present for brother for xmas, going back 2 days later and its double the price and they tell you it was never on sale someone put the wrong sign on it. Funny how it said abu garcia overhead 53.95 but hey! they love putting up the price for xmas

not being able to get a coffee there

Arrogant staff.

Chain stores that replace knowledgeable senior staff with juniors to save a buck! - Which is why I am currently out of work.

The same thing that sh@ts me about any place I go to spend money. Lack of service/knowledge/care factor/after sales service/personal hygeine/product range. Besides that not much!!! Having worked in retail for a while previously (but never again!!), alot of the things that happen in a shop are beyond the control of the staff with catalogues arranged months in advance and stock allocations coming from a head office. Lack of advertised items is normally the fault of the supplier. Just be aware that retail staff are generally interested in doing the right thing by people and don't need the aggravation of a cranky customer when it is avoidable. Working for minimum pay and dealing with the public can suck as the minority of assh@les can make it a bloody hard job.

Cheers......Terry.....

Phone priority. I sometimes think I can get more attention ringing the floorstaff when I am standing right in front of them. I can be right in the middle of a conversation and the phone rings then they have to answer it.

Scalem

I hate it with any shop (not just tackle shops) who bring out a cattledog and you go in to get item X and they have not got it......
    And no prices give the irrits too. I refuse to buy or shop at those places.

I just thought. I should buy at the shops with no prices marked.
    I'll just give them some cash in an envelope and get them to guess how much is there.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

i live between 2 of the fbc chains, loganholme and underwood, now the underwood store is full of arrogant staff who know nothing about customer service or fishing at all, but is always stocked quite well(and the manager is about 12yo), where the loganholme store has the great helpful knowledgable staff but is always out of stock with alot of things. so what do you do??? and there is no other fishing stores around, so going somewhere else is not really an option.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.