Thread: morning lenthalls

morning lenthalls

i hit the dam first up with a good front coming down from the north ,the water is still quite cool for this time of year 24.6 degrees in the main basin ,decided to try some back waters right up the dam ,this section is not like the other parts ,not many lillies and heaps of lay downs and bush overhanging .it was slow at first but found a nice snag that had a couple of fish on it ,2 fish in 2 casts was nice both around the 800mm size and golden in color ,this showed they were happy to hide out under the trees ,got drenched from a couple of showers changed clothes and back into it ,found another snag, thru a frog over it and got smashed but missed it tried a new xrap next cast to see if it would respond ,it did and another healthy fish in the net ,landed 4 for the session got soaked but found some nice new areas cheers AL

Re: morning lenthalls

Good work Al...glad to see you have your mojo back!

Regs

Pete

Nice fish al always seems to be raining lately i will have to get Pete back there in the new year for a fish

shane

yeh shane it should be ok by then hopefully and really fire up

Well done Al,, your luck has definatly changed,4 fish in a morning, might be a bit hard to do that at Mondy atm from what i have read..

Cheers Baz

Thumbs up Re: morning lenthalls

Great to see mate.... for smallish barra they put up a great fight. Though not small in my book, top work mate. You would never get tired of catching that size fish, Lenthals is starting to really step up in class, exciting times ahead.
    Ethan

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    Nice fish al always seems to be raining lately i will have to get Pete back there in the new year for a fish

shane
    Spot on Shane - I can try all my new Xmas toys out .

Nice fish Al. Weather must have been better than here. Its been cats and dogs all day. Over 2 inches.

Nice work Al.

Got to love catching fish there.

Cheers

Lee

got up and it was raining got out there and not too bad got a few squalls over the morning really weird weather patten at moment locally there is no mangoes at all not one on any tree ,one local grass grower said we are in for big rains over summer as this weather patten has happened before with severe rains following hope not right though we dont need any more floods out at the dam as we could lose all our stocking again heading to gladstone next week to get another 6000 barra fingerlings

Al, its good to see a few barra coming out of Lenthalls. Suspect this weather will have an impact for a couple of weeks so I will try to get up there for a fish 2nd week in Jan. Wish me luck.
    Sav

sav the water is ripping over the wall at moment and very dirty hope it cleans up a bit before you get there i will be out there too over the new year interesting as to how it will fish there were good reports of bass being caught too just before the rain

Nice work Al,good to find productive new ground,Even if you get a bit wet.
    have a good Christmas mate.
    Paulo

cheers same to you paulo