Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emu Park Boat Ramp Needed

Re: Emu Park Boat Ramp Needed

Quote Originally Posted by freefish View Post
    Agree with the need for another ramp at the coast but have to play the devil's advocate. Is the southern end of Fisherman's Beach the best place ? (can;t think where else) It is not deep water there. Remember long dingy trips out to the "Fiesta" for trips to the islands. There is not much room for parking there now & nowhere to expand to without resuming Bell Park. Only possibility would be to rebuild & extend the old jetty. Imagine the scream from the environmentalists & what it will take to get approval in this day & age. Shame they never finished it then. Would be great for the Park But I don't think I'll see it my life time
    You are pretty much on the mark freefish ,the new proposal is to run a 'causeway' type wall parallel with the old jetty ,out to where the large rocks are at low tide and buld it back from there ,also ,been told that there is some reclaimng of land available .

As an alternative. Buy an old high clearance tractor, fit an extended draw bar & charge to launch boats off the beach. Proceeds to fund for new jetty. Watch the council line up with their hand out to collect fees etc. With enough usage would show the pollies just what the need is. If I was still boating would use it as would open up the southern end of the bay without the long run to & from Rosslyn Bay. That corner is quite protected from most weather. Launching out past the rocks could be a bit dicey in anything but calm weather in my opinion. Would not like to see the jetty go too far beyond the rocks as that could alter the northward flow of sand along the beaches.

freefish, most of the locals do own tractors and pay extra regos ,fuel etc, but the tourists dont . With the causeway style structure .The ramp would run back towards the beach on end of structure, on the northern side parrallel to the wall, and if it works like the groin at Keppel Sands it would suck the sand out of the nth side thus making the exit deeper,not like RBH that sucks sand into it and having boats getting stuck in the entrance at lowwater !!

Quote Originally Posted by DAZMC1 View Post
    We sure do need another ramp but I guess they need the money for tunnels in Brisvegas." SUCKS"
    Of course it makes more sense to build tunnels that loses money because no one uses them, than to build ramps that people would use.

Advisor " What should we build today, the tunnel or the boat ramp?"

Premier " Let's build the tunnel, it would look so much better on the news when the digger breaks through and I am standing there in my new white hard hat"

Advisor " Are you sure? Lots of boaties want the ramp"

Premier " But I look so much more important in my nice new hat"

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Defore View Post
    Of course it makes more sense to build tunnels that loses money because no one uses them, than to build ramps that people would use.

Advisor " What should we build today, the tunnel or the boat ramp?"

Premier " Let's build the tunnel, it would look so much better on the news when the digger breaks through and I am standing there in my new white hard hat"

Advisor " Are you sure? Lots of boaties want the ramp"

Premier " But I look so much more important in my nice new hat"

Ian
    Cheers Defore ,SO Sinicle , but somehow so true !

Update ,had call from Mayors office, meeting at Ramp Monday week !!

meeting monday week hay

Quote Originally Posted by lunchcutter View Post
    meeting monday week hay
    Yeah, at time to be set,most likely in the morning, anyone local interested keep eye on blog will update.Cheers

Reedy
    let me know when by Wednesday and I'll get it in the Friday paper
    anything that relieves the pressure at the harbour is a good thing
    don't hold your breath on Carter doing the right thing though, he has lied his guts out repeatedly since he lied to win the election in the first place
    remember this is the same tool that wanted the coal port at shoalwater and also illegally tried to charge us for beach access
    cheers
    IFISHCQ2

Scott, just need the council to place an application to state gov(on the ministers instructions ) which have Clive's petition already, both of us have 'talked' to t/port minister and Hoolihan SO every thing is in place.What we need now is to stop Captain Bligh putting up Concrete Stone henges in "Queensbrisbaneland"!! and STUPID Ramps & pontoons in rocky and RBH ??? WTF, and then maybe REST of us can get some MONEY to use it where it is needed

Who's the councilers?
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Quote Originally Posted by freefish View Post
    As an alternative. Buy an old high clearance tractor, fit an extended draw bar & charge to launch boats off the beach. Proceeds to fund for new jetty. Watch the council line up with their hand out to collect fees etc. With enough usage would show the pollies just what the need is. If I was still boating would use it as would open up the southern end of the bay without the long run to & from Rosslyn Bay. That corner is quite protected from most weather. Launching out past the rocks could be a bit dicey in anything but calm weather in my opinion. Would not like to see the jetty go too far beyond the rocks as that could alter the northward flow of sand along the beaches.
    Now free fish do you remember who owned the fiesta back then ?
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by jtpython View Post
    Now free fish do you remember who owned the fiesta back then ?
    There were actually two Fiesta's and the second one is being used on Sydney Harbour. I have seen it a few times down here.

The first one when sold was renamed ASTEIF (Fiesta backwards) and was kept in the Fitzroy river for a long time. Don't know where it is now.

They were owned by Tommy Edmonston and Alfie Sleeman.

Quote Originally Posted by jtpython View Post
    Who's the councilers?
    Jt ,At last contact they should be, Carter (Mayor),Schwarten( infrastructure) ,and Svendsen (local & planning)

Quote Originally Posted by rat_catcher View Post
    There were actually two Fiesta's and the second one is being used on Sydney Harbour. I have seen it a few times down here.

The first one when sold was renamed ASTEIF (Fiesta backwards) and was kept in the Fitzroy river for a long time. Don't know where it is now.

They were owned by Tommy Edmonston and Alfie Sleeman.
    The wife's uncle Tommy

Your on the ball Scotty
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21