Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42
  1. #16

    Re: Polarized Sunglasses

    Has anyone used the Oakley Polarized sunnies ?. Just out of interest.

    Scott

  2. #17

    Re: Polarized Sunglasses

    Mangrove Jack's for me.......................

    Mike

  3. #18

    Re: Polarized Sunglasses

    Hi Chris

    I can't give you any comparasins between the major brands but have a look here at the Nu Polar lens and the Drivewear lens.

    www.youngeroptics.com/

    These are the lenses we use for making prescription and normal sunglasses.
    We also make the prescription lenses for Bolle and Serengetti using the serengetti polarised and photochromatic polarised lens.I have a set of these but i find the brown to be too red .

    Cheers Dazza

  4. #19

    Re: Polarized Sunglasses

    whatever you end up with I find that a little darker tint tends to allow the water penetration a bit better.. My $20 sunnies show the fish under the water and the bottom better than a mates $150 set.. I don't know that there is benefit in spending the big money unless you really like the design and nobody else does it.

  5. #20

    Re: Polarized Sunglasses

    Quote Originally Posted by fat-buoy View Post
    whatever you end up with I find that a little darker tint tends to allow the water penetration a bit better.. My $20 sunnies show the fish under the water and the bottom better than a mates $150 set.. I don't know that there is benefit in spending the big money unless you really like the design and nobody else does it.
    Hi FB ....... Sorry I cant agree.
    Over the years I have had everything from the very cheap ($20) - plenty of Polaroids through Mangrove jacks , Ugly fish , Oakly , Ray bans , Serengetis , Makos , bolle's , Spotters ........ $20- $300
    When it comes to optics & features ........ you just dont get that from cheap laminated polycarbonate lenses ........ yeh sure a day at the beach fine .
    But in a fishing or driving situation - I certainly dont want glasses that strain the eyes .. ..... & this is where quality glass lenses come into their own .

    looking into the water is one thing ($40 glarefoils will do that well)- but doing that in all light situations without causing eye strain is another thing - The Mako's I had could be worn beyond sunset before they became useless ...... my mate had his glasses off an hour earlier because they were too dark.

    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  6. #21

    Re: Polarized Sunglasses

    I use spotters, but again, mine are prescription lenses. I've tried other brands, and paid just as much for them but none of them come close to the spotters (penetrator photochromatic). I've even worn mine driving at night (like 1am) because I'd lost my normal set of glasses and need them for driving (can't see shit if its more than 2 ft away) could see and got home safely with no worries

  7. #22

    Re: Polarized Sunglasses

    I've tried stacks of nice (expensive) sunnies, Maui Jims, Makos, oakley's etc and i'm now wearing Fuglies, $40 a pair, they float and they're comfortable. I think the lens truly competes with the more expensive sunnies and for $40 they are incredible. Plus if I break a pair that's fine, I've got two other pairs anyway and all for only $120 lol.

    They are plastic lenses but I haven't scratched mine yet (not through a lack of trying).

    I won't go back to anything else, keep paying big $$$ if you want but try a pair of these sometime, once you get used to the slightly different feel (due to removable foam, takes a couple of hours then you get used to them) they are great.

    www.fuglies.com.au

  8. #23

    Re: Polarized Sunglasses

    I just recieved a pair of Flying Fisherman sun glasses and so far I'm very impressed. The penatration through the water was amazing and even in low light situations it still looks very bright. They have various lens colours to suit what fishing you do.

    I ended up with the Rhinolens "Magnums" amber lens $130.00

    The below link is for the Australian distributor.

    http://ians.net.au/shop/index.php?ma...=index&cPath=1

  9. #24

    Re: Polarized Sunglasses

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko_Cairns View Post
    I've tried stacks of nice (expensive) sunnies, Maui Jims, Makos, oakley's etc and i'm now wearing Fuglies, $40 a pair, they float and they're comfortable. I think the lens truly competes with the more expensive sunnies and for $40 they are incredible. Plus if I break a pair that's fine, I've got two other pairs anyway and all for only $120 lol.

    They are plastic lenses but I haven't scratched mine yet (not through a lack of trying).

    I won't go back to anything else, keep paying big $$$ if you want but try a pair of these sometime, once you get used to the slightly different feel (due to removable foam, takes a couple of hours then you get used to them) they are great.

    www.fuglies.com.au

    Thanks Nicko

    I found the fuglies to be very similar to the ugly fish - OK for a spare pair to have on the boat but not ones to wear all day as they only seem to be good on bright days.
    I hate forking out the big bucks for sunnies ....... particularly when I loose or break so many. ....

    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  10. #25

    Re: Polarized Sunglasses

    I'm a fan of Hi-def Spex. I have had a set for over 2 years now and prefer them over my old Spotters penetrator lens by a long way. I used to get strained eyes alot with the spotters, but with the HDS I have had no issues. But I guess with sunnies it is very much a personal preference.
    Keep smiling, It makes people wonder what you're up to.

  11. #26

    Re: Polarized Sunglasses

    I just bought back a dozen pairs of Polarized Oakley knock offs from Bali.
    Happy with them so far at $15.00 each
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

  12. #27

    Re: Polarized Sunglasses

    I suppose its horse for cources , casting lures late in the afternoon would require different sunnies too someone reef fishing or game fishing in extreme sunlight.

    Scott

  13. #28

    Re: Polarized Sunglasses

    Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Thanks rat ...... what makes the MJs better ?



    I found there was distortion with the Spotters ........
    I found the Spotters gave me headaches, whereas the MJ's made me feel like they weren't even on my face. I could wear them for hours without any issues, but the Spotters gave me headaches after a while.

    I went to an Optometrist to get my eyes checked and no problems there. The guy said it was most likely due to distortion the Spotters lenses.

  14. #29

    Re: Polarized Sunglasses

    Quote Originally Posted by wamjam View Post
    Has anyone used the Oakley Polarized sunnies ?. Just out of interest.
    Yep I have a pair of Oil Rigs, but I am not happy with them. The lense seems to have some distortion in it and causes me discomfort after wearing them for a while.

  15. #30

    Re: Polarized Sunglasses

    Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    When it comes to optics & features ........ you just dont get that from cheap laminated polycarbonate lenses ........ yeh sure a day at the beach fine .
    But in a fishing or driving situation - I certainly dont want glasses that strain the eyes .. ..... & this is where quality glass lenses come into their own .
    Agreed absolutely 100%!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us